English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WHDLoad.prefs and tooltypes (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67335)

Bamiga2002 10 January 2013 12:29

WHDLoad.prefs and tooltypes

You can set some variables in the whdload.prefs as default (eg. ChipNoCache for BPPC) but could it be possible to use all other WHDLoad-tooltypes in the prefs-file too? Eg. I would like to use BranchCache as default for all games and disable it using NoBranchCache if some game refuse to work.
This could be possible for all other tooltypes too.

Is there a reason this isn't possible right now with whdload.prefs?

Wepl 15 January 2013 20:46

I decided for each option if it's useful to use it global. It's only a bit which makes the difference.
Ideally all installs should work well without setting any additional options.

BranchCache will rarely give a noticeable performance improvement. So I don't see the point to specify that globally. Beside that there is no NoBranchCache option and not planned to add one.

desiv 03 August 2013 00:13

Tooltype override prefs option?

Basically, on my NTSC Amiga, I have PAL in my whdload.prefs and by default all games run in PAL.
Which is great, but...
There are some games I'd like to run in NTSC.
If I set NTSC in the tooltype of that game, it complains that I can only have one of that type.
So I have to comment out PAL in prefs and then it works..

It would be nice if there is a global value, but if there's something in the tooltype, the tooltype value overrides one in prefs...

Or if there's another way to do what I want..
(I realize, I could just set PAL or NTSC for each game's tooltype.. That might be where I end up)

Not a biggie, just a thought..

desiv

lordofchaos 16 September 2013 17:24

I`m using WHDLoad 17.1 and my tooltype settings are not saving? I make a modification to an individual game for example "NOCACHE", then save, start the game, exit game and the the "NOCACHE" setting dissapears?

Bamiga2002 17 September 2013 17:17

Are you using some launcher for the games or starting directly from WB?

lordofchaos 18 September 2013 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamiga2002 (Post 911489)
Are you using some launcher for the games or starting directly from WB?

I`m using both, sometimes I use the launcher (Igame) and other times from WB, but when I add the tooltype options I`m always using WB.

Recently I found a work around for it, if I copy whdload (16.9) in the root directory of the game then the tooltype options remain after I've added them? Not sure why either.

Wepl 14 October 2013 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by desiv (Post 903060)
Tooltype override prefs option?

Basically, on my NTSC Amiga, I have PAL in my whdload.prefs and by default all games run in PAL.
Which is great, but...
There are some games I'd like to run in NTSC.
If I set NTSC in the tooltype of that game, it complains that I can only have one of that type.
So I have to comment out PAL in prefs and then it works..

It would be nice if there is a global value, but if there's something in the tooltype, the tooltype value overrides one in prefs...

Or if there's another way to do what I want..
(I realize, I could just set PAL or NTSC for each game's tooltype.. That might be where I end up)

I have changed the behavior. You can now set PAL/NTSC global and overwrite it with a different local option. New beta can be found here.