English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Strange Psygnosis demo (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12751)

alexh 14 February 2004 20:19

Strange Psygnosis demo

Hi,

One of my disks was a strange Psygnosis demo, slideshow.

It was DOS so I've uploaded it

Psygnosis Slideshow

If anyone remembers it, let me know.

Alex
Thalion Webshrine

BippyM 07 April 2006 20:57

I have this too.. called Screen Rollers...

has anyone else heard of this or know anything about it?

Galaxy 08 April 2006 00:29

i've got a psygnosis demo too. I think it was from a PD library but I'll have to dig it out.

BippyM 08 April 2006 00:37

Screen Rollers (19xx)(Psygnosis - Psyclapse - SRS).adf

That is the filename I have given it.. I reckon SRS is the PD library (well at a guess!)

alexh 08 April 2006 10:52

I contributed a lot of other Psygnosis demo's to the SPS and Psygore made WHDload installers for them.

Shadow of the Beast / Blood Money Demo
Shadow of the Beast 2 Demo
Ork Demo
Awesome Demo

I also had Shadow of the Beast 3 demo but SPS wouldnt take it because the disk had been modified.

I got most of them from the Psygnosis Stand at the 1992/3 World of Amiga Show in London. I also bought the CD's from Bjorn Lynne "Hobbits and Spaceships" and Allister Brimble "Sounds Digital"

Galaxy 08 April 2006 14:55

I used to have the Lemmings demo (which apparently has levels completely unique to the demo). Unfortunately the disk was copied over :( I gather SPS are still after an image of it.

Psygore 09 April 2006 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh
I also had Shadow of the Beast 3 demo but SPS wouldnt take it because the disk had been modified.

If you could make an image of this disk (wwarp beast3demo.wwp C 0-161 nostd rc 50) to create an hd install, it would be nice. :)

FromWithin 10 April 2006 10:36

I've got the Lemmings and Beast III ones, along with a bunch of others. Still sitting here waiting to be SPS'd.

IFW 10 April 2006 13:53

Ah, sorry about that!
We can meet up sometime, I am not in London for the next two weeks, but Fiath might be.

Galaxy 10 April 2006 13:57

I've uploaded my copy of the Psygnosis demo to the Zone. It is different to the one linked to by Alexh above.

Also, I've actually discovered a MicroProse promotional disk - put out by MicroProse to show off their games in 1991/92. Has proper label too. Features slideshows showing some of their games. I've uploaded this too.

BippyM 10 April 2006 14:59

@Galaxy.. That is the same Psygnosis demo I have just renamed for Tosec..

I'll convert your adz file to adf and see if it is the same (crc wise) and if not I'll include yours too :)

Galaxy 10 April 2006 15:02

Ok - I downloaded Alexh's and the demo content seemed to be different (unless they randomise it or something)

alexh 10 April 2006 15:37

I am sure that I had another one also, but I couldnt find it.

I've looked at the one Galaxy sent and it IS the same content... but it appears it was tweaked by some 3rd party PD company in australia.

I DO have another Psygnosis demo disk somewhere which is all HAM scans of lots of original artwork by Roger Dean that made it onto the covers of Psygnosis / Psyclapse games.

alexh 11 April 2006 01:24

Found the other psygnosis demo disk... just need time to convert it...

That is if anyone is interested.

I've written on the disk "Roger Dean Slideshow".

EDIT: Damn if I havent already done it in Feb 2004!

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=12760

demoniac 11 April 2006 10:28

alexh's pd.zip seems like rev 1 and Galaxy's psygnosis.adz is rev 2. The music modules are name mod.int1 and mod.int2 respectively. Maybe someone didn't relabel the disk number?

Psygore 10 May 2006 18:15

Who could create an image disk of beast 3 demo?
The disk on aminet does not contain all data.

alexh 10 May 2006 21:06

Sorry Psygore, my disc collection is under 100 other boxes as I have just moved.

jamielemon 13 May 2006 02:09

Is there anywhere the images of the demos can be downloaded? I assume they are classed as public domain.

Galaxy 13 May 2006 02:43

I've reupped the version I have to the zone

alexh 13 May 2006 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamielemon
Is there anywhere the images of the demos can be downloaded? I assume they are classed as public domain.

Eh? There is a link at the top of the page!