English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   News (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   EAB Final Update (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=69495)

RCK 05 June 2013 17:07

EAB Final Update

Dear community,

After 5 years of stable service, it is now time for one operating system and EAB's update !
Debian core system was updated, and we are now in PHP 5.4 and Mysql 5.5 for all abime.net websites.
The goal of this update is to have more speed and latest security fix, let's hope it will be true ;)
note: There was a lot of "Deprecated" PHP features when upgrading from version 5.2 to 5.4, so if you see some warning displayed when browsing abime.net, please leave a message in this thread so we can fix them. :agree

EAB Update:
- I don't like the new vbulletin engines (4 or 5), so we will stick to latest vB3 engine, this forum works well and is now part of our lives, I want to keep it like this, with our EAB2 skin, the Zone, etc :cool
- Minor improvements were missing from vB 3.7, there are now available in 3.8 engine (see below)
- In order to support server and new hardware cost, I have added some AdSense ads for GUEST only.
- The zone files retention was increased from 21 to 60 days :spin
- Url are now content relevant
- Tapatalk plugin was updated to 3.9.0 and should stop speak about him on mobile devices
- The lightweight skin was changed to something better and is now available as a Quick Style Chooser in bottom left selectbox (or by auto detection on mobile device)
- Here is the list of final vb3.8 addition, enjoy them! :)
  • Social group discussions (multiple thread)
  • Social group categories
  • Social group icons
  • Social group transfers
  • Private message sorting and filtering
  • Private message history
  • Private message quick reply
  • Private message reporting
  • Profile privacy (limit blocks to a subset of users)
  • Dismissible notices
  • Lightbox navigation
  • Quick edit for newer types of content (visitor messages and picture comments)

CFou! 05 June 2013 17:10

thanx for your great job!!!

Lord Aga 05 June 2013 17:18

Thank you for everything :)

rare_j 05 June 2013 17:21

Many thanks RCK.
Does anyone know how I can view the desktop site rather than the mobile site? I'm on safari on an iphone, the mobile site comes up by default now. It's pretty good but i like the desktop site. Sometimes on mobile sites there's a link to switch to desktop but i don't see one. Thanks.

lifeschool 05 June 2013 17:26

Great work with the upgrades. :great Good to know someone knows about these things enough to know that 'upgrade' doesn't always mean 'easily installed' and that 'lastest' isn't always 'best'; when often the latest releases come with a brand new set of problems. :agree

Thanks again. :bowdown

Apollo 05 June 2013 17:30

Thank you!

DH 05 June 2013 17:42

Firstly, I'd like to thank RCK for a job well done :great

Secondly, I have a warning report as follows:-

When clicking on the "View Who's Online" button on the main index page, a warning quickly flashed up for a millisecond just before the page loaded up. I just managed to screengrab it.

EDIT: And just realised it's not such a good idea to post info containing paths to the server in public, so I'll PM you the info instead.

Rob 1 05 June 2013 17:51

Well done, RCK!!!

You managed to get it all done before my withdrawal symptoms really kicked in ;)

kkgarbod 05 June 2013 17:52

Nice, Great Work

kkgarbod 05 June 2013 17:57

Got this when using "Mark Forum read" link. This one:
Show Unread Posts / Off Topic - Mark Forums Read

Quote:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Baboon 05 June 2013 17:58

Back once again for the renegade master, D4 damager, power to the people. Back once again for the renegade master, D4 damager with the ill behavior! :crazy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chat Rob 1 (Post 892450)
Well done, RCK!!!

You managed to get it all done before my withdrawal symptoms really kicked in ;)

Mine kicked in last night when I realised I couldn't get my amiga browsing fix on here. :help

Rob 1 05 June 2013 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboon (Post 892454)
Back once again for the renegade master, D4 damager, power to the people. Back once again for the renegade master, D4 damager with the ill behavior! :crazy

Mine kicked in last night when I realised I couldn't get my amiga browsing fix on here. :help

:laughing I'm going to be singing that all night now;)

Retroplay 05 June 2013 18:21

Well done RCK and thanks for sticking to vB3. :great

Kenan 05 June 2013 18:22

24hrs without EAB. Don't do that ever again!
:D

Kitty 05 June 2013 18:26

Great stuff RCK, many thanks for a wonderful forum ;)

Retroplay 05 June 2013 18:28

Hmm I just tried to "Mark Forums Read" and got this message:
Quote:

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

RCK 05 June 2013 18:32

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifeschool (Post 892443)
Great work with the upgrades. :great Good to know someone knows about these things enough to know that 'upgrade' doesn't always mean 'easily installed' and that 'lastest' isn't always 'best'; when often the latest releases come with a brand new set of problems. :agree

Thanks again. :bowdown

On "light" skin, there is a bit "EAB3 skin" in red at top right (see screenshot attached)
If it don't work, try to setup "EAB3 skin" into you User CP.

jmmijo 05 June 2013 18:32

Thanks for the updates RCK, I can remember when we were upgrading our production servers to the latest PHP and MySQL and getting the same depricated messages.

This was on both CentOS and Fedora Core machines.

dlfrsilver 05 June 2013 18:37

Thanks RCK for the update and bringing the site on :)

rusty71 05 June 2013 18:44

great. thank you