English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trouble over at AEN? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=3760)

Big-Byte 18 March 2002 10:59

Trouble over at AEN?

Got this email today:

Quote:

http://darkscapes.xs4all.nl/AEN/index.php

please register there...

Tony and I split because of differenses about the forum, and because I was
limited in my way to add/contribute/alter things.

So I made new forum...please register on the new one if you like AEN and would like to stay with us. I also added the link on my site under the "forum" button.

I totally distance myself from Tony's forum and I hoipe he removes all my gfx & alters the layout(forumwise)since I designed it.

The new forum is not finished yet, but I don't want to stay on Tony's forum any
longer.

Godflesh
Amiga Emulation Nation

This is a shame really because Tonycrews forum was actually pretty good (but not as good as EAB obviously :D ) and was an asset to the Amiga community..

Drake1009 18 March 2002 13:25

Ok I never really went to that forum so I wouldn't know, but it seems Godflesh made his own graphics anyway. I remember back on network54 he once asked Akira to make graphics for him.

RCK 18 March 2002 15:52

I just hope I won't split with my own mind one day :laughing
{destroy the eab, destroy the evil board} :D

kafiend 18 March 2002 16:10

*laughs* nervously.

Twistin'Ghost 18 March 2002 21:56

Unlike some of its competitors, EAB has a solid foundation!

andreas 18 March 2002 22:46

Question:
Don't you also agree with me that it doesn't require so much fucking effort in order to get at loggerheads with someone like Godflesh?`
This guy expects EVERYTHING to go his way, methinks. Imagine if guys like him were emulator coders - they wouldn't take ANY bloody advice or suggestion but do everything their fucking way. With no profit to anyone. (tm)
Even though I don't know him, I dare assert he's extremely egocentric and autocratic.
Team-compatible: NO. That's what his superior will write into his report. DISASTROUS to your career in any case, IMNSHO.

Ian 18 March 2002 22:51

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas
IMNSHO.
In what now:confused ;)

andreas 18 March 2002 23:02

that's a secret ;)

kafiend 18 March 2002 23:08

The guy sends a perfectly acceptable and well written e-mail only some of you guys to leap into Attack-Mode.

Not really in the spirit of the game is it.

Minuous 18 March 2002 23:44

Yes, why all the flaming of Godflesh?? He seems alright to me.

Twistin'Ghost 18 March 2002 23:50

Then you have missed his rich, illustrious, megalomaniac history. It's probably all deleted now from the various boards it all existed on (the old AEN, here, etc.), but in order to properly judge the situation, one would need to consider his past behavior in conjunction with his current.

Zeewolf 19 March 2002 00:05

Yeah Twistin is completely right!!!
Godflesh was a pain in the bottom, putting it nicely.
He flamed everything & everywhere!!
We were all fed up & sick of him at the time, sorry if Im sounding bad but Im telling the truth!

Sorry m8 but I am!

kafiend 19 March 2002 00:17

Well, if its history why can't some of you people leave it that way instead of posting what are obviously inflamatory comments?

Inflamatory comments I would like to point out are something that the accusers are attributing to the accused.

People in Glasshouses and all that :)

RCK 19 March 2002 00:53

Yep, no more bad comments please :cool
one year have now passed since the "Godflesh war" (for historians ;))

Twistin'Ghost 19 March 2002 01:33

Yeah, I agree too. I hope my comments were not taken as flames to Godflesh (as so many of mine in the past have indeed been). Not that I have changed any of my views, but I spoke my piece back then about what I had to say and it was/is over now. And I think the only word I used here that could be considered a flame is megalomaniac, but I used it to describe his behavior at the time and not as a personal insult.

The last thing I want is for him to come back here defending negative comments about him, or messages at AEN slinging mud at EAB or any of its members.

My response was to Minuous so that he would understand that he's not looking at the whole story. But as RCK stated, that story has ended as far as EAB is concerned. And rightly so.

Zeewolf 19 March 2002 01:42

Yep I apologise , uncalled for Im sorry about that.

I hope his new site takes off!

Sorry once again.

Big-Byte 19 March 2002 10:38

I found out what caused it all....

http://www.total-amiga.com/cgi-bin/u...c;f=1;t=000050

RCK 19 March 2002 12:41

raaaaahhh

Enough of this !
Everytimes that people speak about AEN inc, there is always some old fights which are coming back to the surface.
Let's end this, I don't see any point about moaning again & again about those past wars :cool