English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Very impressed with this program (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80988)

reddwarf4ever 05 January 2016 18:43

Very impressed with this program

Very impressed with this program
Been using Amiga Forever emulator, but many of my CD32 games will not load, jungle strike has broken graphics..But `displays` perfectly in FS-UAE
The only issue is I am having lots of issues with keyboard mouse controls..

Maybe its because I am new to it, but just cant figure the controls out...

Also there is no audio with the CD32 logo, which would be a nice touch.

Considering getting a game pad ( not sure if xbox360 the best ) maybe this will be recognized ???

Best wishes

Arnie 05 January 2016 19:03

I just tried Jungle Strike (ECS) and the graphics look O.K. I used the A600 config with standard setting.

Quote:

Also there is no audio with the CD32 logo, which would be a nice touch.
Strange, I hear the CD32 startup music.

reddwarf4ever 05 January 2016 19:35

Will try again, I actually meant that jungle strike didnt work with amiga forever software..

evrything displays great with FS-UAE but cantbgreat to grip with setting controls...and will check again for cd32 intro music....wasntbthere last time...

Arnie 05 January 2016 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever (Post 1060465)
Will try again, I actually meant that jungle strike didnt work with amiga forever software..

Hmm, even stranger.

I have both the ECS and AGA versions working with Amiga Forever 2014/2016.

I can let you have the empty RP9's, (you just have to add the disk images to them)

Are you using Windows, Linux, Mac?

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 16:52

windows 10 pro 64bit
will the rp9 help ? i just installed the stable version instead of the developer one and still no cd32 intro music......i tried with the amiga forever emulator i still have installed and the cd32 intro with music plays fine.......
i have an original cd32 pad, but dont suppose i can use this...and have just ordered the xbix wireless device so i can use my xbox 360 wireless controllers on my pc, hopefully with this emulator....i also have two gravis exterminator game cintrollers but no sicket on my new pc to connect them to, also they are circa windiws '98 so although driver installed, not sure how they would work, even if i could plug them in
thanks

Arnie 06 January 2016 16:57

I haven't used a CD32 pad myself but you can get 9pin to usb connectors for old Amiga pads. They should work in AF or WinUAE.
Maybe someone who's done this can give more info.

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnie (Post 1060694)
I haven't used a CD32 pad myself but you can get 9pin to usb connectors for old Amiga pads. They should work in AF or WinUAE.
Maybe someone who's done this can give more info.

would be good to use the orig cd32 pad....

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 17:20

UPDATE
if i launch the cd32 intro then music plays fine, if i have the iso selected and then launch the cd32 then no intro music, also i think the game music is also delayed a while but need to test more....

playing james pond robocod on cd32 got sound effects but no music

Arnie 06 January 2016 18:44

I think it's normal to hear no music in emulation. You could try loading the cue file instead of the iso/bin.

I'll try it out myself later with JP Robo.

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 18:53

But its in game music, really hope this can be sorted.....will try in amiga forever emulator and see if have in game music

thanks

Arnie 06 January 2016 19:06

Just tested JP2. Loading .iso = no music, loading .cue = music.

Make sure the disk image you're using has the separate .wav files in the dir.

EDIT: Just made an RP9 and it works with music if you use the .cue file.

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 19:37

Hi
sorry for my ignorance, but was is an rp9 file, I think it is a container of some sort....
i dont have any wav files just the iso and cue files, is the music contained therin ?

thanks

Arnie 06 January 2016 20:38

When you create a new game for Amiga forever (AF) a RP9 is created that holds all the media & configs. If you right click on any entry in AF you have the option of open->RP9 file location. There you will find all the RP9's stored for AF.

Have a look at the .cue file and see if the .wavs are listed. If they are, and they're not in the dir with the .iso & .cue, then there's a good chance they're missing.

I have 7 .wavs and a .m3u file in mine.

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 21:22

Hi
is there any way of letting me have the wav files please

thanks

FrodeSolheim 06 January 2016 21:44

Hi, this is the keyboard controls when you use the keyboard to emulate the CD32 controller:
Code:

key_left = left
key_right = right
key_up = up
key_down = down
key_rctrl = red
key_ralt = red
key_c = red
key_x = blue
key_d = green
key_s = yellow
key_return = play
key_z = rewind
key_a = forward

An Xbox 360 controller will work just fine with FS-UAE on Windows, Linux or OS X. On OS X you'll need a 3rd party driver, and on older Windows versions you must install an official driver. On Linux and newer Windows versions it will work out of the box. Note, if you use the wireless version, you need to have the wireless receiver dongle.

FS-UAE will automatically recognize the Xbox 360 controller and map the buttons for CD32 gamepad usage.

There isn't supposed to be any CD32 logo/intro music when you boot with a CD-ROM inserted. If the full intro shows in other emulators (Amiga Forever), then it probably uses a delayed insert -- i.e. the emulator waits a few seconds before inserting the CD-ROM, so the CD32 boots with no CD-ROM inserted.

As for audio in James Pond (CD32), this uses CD Audio tracks. This means that you'll want to use a CD image format which can handle this, for example cue+bin:
Code:

James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium).cue
James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium).bin

or cue+iso+wav:
Code:

James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium)[!].cue
James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium)(Track 1 of 8)[!].iso
James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium)(Track 2 of 8)[!].wav
James Pond 2 - Robocod (1993)(Millennium)(Track 8 of 8)[!].wav

(The .iso file only contains the file system, and not the audio tracks. The file names above are examples only, the files do not have to be named this way).

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 22:08

Hi
I have this game, so if I rip it to bin cue files, this will work, correct ?

many of the games I have downloaded have iso not bin, does this mean they will not have the audio tracks ? if so I will need to find a source that has the bin files, if my assumption is correct...

or i will have to find downloads with the wav files and make them into an RP9 format I assume
thanks

FrodeSolheim 06 January 2016 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever (Post 1060809)
Hi
I have this game, so if I rip it to bin cue files, this will work, correct ?

Yes, probably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddwarf4ever (Post 1060809)
many of the games I have downloaded have iso not bin, does this mean they will not have the audio tracks ? if so I will need to find a source that has the bin files, if my assumption is correct...

Don't worry. Many CD32 games play music via "Paula" like a normal Amiga (not using Audio CD tracks), and in these cases, the CD-ROMs only have one data track (represented by the .iso file).

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 23:05

Yes, I just played robocod 2 selecting the cue file instead......amazing soundtrack....

such nostalgia.....want to play operation wolf, spent soooo many hours with that one.

Have ordered wireless adapter for pc and have loads of xbox360 wireless controllers, so cant wait to try this out

Now I have accepted that I will now play emulation rather than on the original consoles....I will sell off all my equipment...

will have to make a full list, hve two non working cd32's two original controllers plus one other ( cant remember the make at the moment ) plus two PSU's and lots of original games.

I have an amiga 500 plus lots of games 1 or 2 working spectrums plus a spectrum +2 and games for this also....aslo have a working zx80 and 81......not sure best place to sell, may try amibay or here if there is a selling forum.....
thanks for everyones help......

Arnie 06 January 2016 23:09

I'm interested in an original CD32 controller.

PM me the details.

reddwarf4ever 06 January 2016 23:57

Hope to sell the cd32 stuff as bundles to,keep postage down and have absolutely no,idea whatbthese sell for....

on a different note, just found operation wolf.....WOW.....managed to load disk 1 in, but although I had added disk 2 in the second slot on the main screen, it couldnt find it, i then tried opening DF0 and chose add disk 2 but didnt seem to go,in and couldnt install it...even saved the state, then went back and tried again.....doing something obviously wrong....as there is no DF1 etc....

thanks