English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coming soon, C64 Forever by Cloanto! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=44156)

Yoto 17 April 2009 16:33

Coming soon, C64 Forever by Cloanto!

Nice! :agree
http://www.c64forever.com/

Retro-Nerd 17 April 2009 16:39

Nice! :agree

http://gb64.com/

gklinger 17 April 2009 16:48

Looks like a bigger waste of money than Amiga Forever. :sad

Yoto 17 April 2009 17:09

Well, at least anyone can install it with only a few mouse clicks.

Retro-Nerd 17 April 2009 17:20

25€ for a free emulator (WinVice) + a lousy pre-configured frontend? Yep, a bargain. :)

Amiga1992 17 April 2009 17:23

NOT nice!
Selling again what you can get for free?
Someone shoot Cloanto and the people who buy this crap

seuden 17 April 2009 17:32

Awesome, I prefer to pay for stuff.

gklinger 17 April 2009 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotoxionomai (Post 537784)
Well, at least anyone can install it with only a few mouse clicks.

How many clicks do you think it would take to download and install VICE? ;)

What can I say? I don't like Cloanto. They get pissy about people distributing Kickstart ROM images and yet they don't seem to have a problem with including copyrighted materials (that they haven't licensed) in their products. I hate hypocrisy.

Sensi 17 April 2009 17:40

I wouldnt even bother with downloading. These collections are useless for me.

@gklinger, thats business ;)

Yoto 17 April 2009 17:46

Quote:

25€ for a free emulator (WinVice) + a lousy pre-configured frontend? Yep, a bargain. :)
Yes, you are right, i will invest the money in toilet paper instead!:laughing

TCD 17 April 2009 18:18

Well because of the copyright issue with the kickstart roms Amiga Forever has a point (till that problem is 'solved' ;)), but that smells really fishy...
I'm with Akira on this shooting thingy :cheese

prowler 17 April 2009 22:28

Quote:

Coming soon, C64 Forever by Cloanto!
This is madness! :shocked

Just a cynical attempt to exploit the retro enthusiast community, IMO. :agree

Let's hope it falls flat! :D

WOC_Admin 18 April 2009 00:43

I cant see them selling many copies of this. The games can be found on a lot of websites anyway, and the emulator is really easy to use and doesnt require anything like a kickstart.

Amiga1992 18 April 2009 07:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotoxionomai (Post 537799)
Yes, you are right, i will invest the money in toilet paper instead!:laughing

Investing your cash in wiping your ass properly is much better than this.

You don't want your botty to itch or be smelly, do you...

PAying to Cloanto for this, however, is damned smelly, and itches a lot my common sense.

Hobbe 18 April 2009 08:49

I'm too much of a picky "do it yourself" kind of guy to care for this kind of preloaded stuff, but I can see how some of the most computer-illiterate people might find themselves home with Clonato. A couple of clicks and off you go, it doesn't get any more practical than that if you neither have the time nor the inclination to teach yourself a degree on WinUAE emulation ;)

Amiga1992 18 April 2009 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hobbe (Post 537941)
it doesn't get any more practical than that if you neither have the time nor the inclination to teach yourself a degree on WinUAE emulation ;)

REad again dude, this is for VICE, a Commodore 64 emulator, which is as click and go as it comes. No multiple configurations, no kickroms to acquire, it's fucking EASY. you got to be useless to be unable to get C64 emulation running.

Hobbe 18 April 2009 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 537944)
REad again dude, this is for VICE, a Commodore 64 emulator, which is as click and go as it comes. No multiple configurations, no kickroms to acquire, it's fucking EASY. you got to be useless to be unable to get C64 emulation running.

The other day I got a phone call from some lady (an old time microbee user, so she was not a complete stranger to the computer world) who thought she had lost most of the applications I once installed in her computer because XP automatically collapsed the start menu to 10 lines to save screen space. She was in the verge of crying. That's how dense some people can be these days.

Everything's easy when you posses the knowledge, but when you don't, and that's what I'm trying to point out here, every seemingly useless bit of automation helps.

Chain 18 April 2009 10:20

I will support this hyenism only if it helps to release C64 core for minimig.

Marcuz 18 April 2009 15:12

all of the above is true or at least a decent point of view.

still, there is people who is knda afraid to try C64 emulation in any way because he did not knew anything of the real thing, but still he's appealed by those retro stuff. then there's people who don't want to touch a piece of software if it is not fancy.briefly, there's a market for such things. they may even be a good introduction to the retrogaming world.

obviously it's not complete or a love work as Gamebase 64.

amiga 18 April 2009 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 537791)
NOT nice!
Selling again what you can get for free?
Someone shoot Cloanto and the people who buy this crap

I suggest also shooting Hyperion and Amiga Inc.
This way we could get rid of ALL the parasites in one go! :)