English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   C65 on ebay again.. (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80011)

eXeler0 17 October 2015 22:08

C65 on ebay again..
 
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Ultra-RARE-Co...8AAOSw9r1WDRdj

I think the previous one went for €20k... :nuts
How many of these (in working order) exist in the world anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jX...ature=youtu.be

stevsurv 18 October 2015 01:12

Nice machine. :cool Knew a scene dude called "roadrunna" who had one for a while and sold it in the mid 90's. There is one floating around in AU!

eXeler0 18 October 2015 03:08

It was one of those crazy projects at Commodore that appeared to be out of sync with time and reality though.. It would have been released at the same time as the A500+ and confused a lot of people I think. If it had been finished like 1988, then it would have been nice... But still a strange market position bewtween the c64 and the A500.
I know Dave Haynie hated it ;-)

Predseda 18 October 2015 10:59

A perfect example of marketing that killed once famous company. And also a perfect example how to spend tons of money in something that has no real value beside historical :)

eXeler0 18 October 2015 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1046135)
A perfect example of marketing that killed once famous company. And also a perfect example how to spend tons of money in something that has no real value beside historical :)

Ye, R&D that should have gone into *one* focused effort instead: The AAA chipset ;-)

trixster 18 October 2015 17:12

16800. Jesus on a bike that's ridiculous...

alexh 18 October 2015 18:19

I bought mine from Paxtron/Centsible for a couple of hundred dollars 20 years ago. They had at least 30.

I bought the motherboard and the power supply. They didn't have any cases.

UberFreak 18 October 2015 18:30

I remember the days these sold for a few hundred Euros on Ebay.
Back then I thought its too high & decided to wait for prices to drop.
Yeah, right...

I should probably make peace with the fact that I'll never own a C65.

eXeler0 19 October 2015 20:02

Well then, 22800 aparently buys you one of those these days.

-Acid- 21 October 2015 01:52

will the money ever be paid for it?

kamelito 21 October 2015 13:03

This will be more affordable I guess : http://mega65.org/

Kamelito

alexh 21 October 2015 16:59

Or if you have a MiST, DE1 or MiniMig then this

https://github.com/gardners/c65gs

UberFreak 21 October 2015 19:17

Personally, I have zero interest in emulation, its the real thing or nothing.

Akira 21 October 2015 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberFreak (Post 1046751)
Personally, I have zero interest in emulation, its the real thing or nothing.

Time to fork out those 30 Gs then.
To then be unable to do anything with the machine because it's either missing something in your particular prototype, or because there's actually no software for it :lol:lol:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

eXeler0 21 October 2015 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1046757)
Time to fork out those 30 Gs then.
To then be unable to do anything with the machine because it's either missing something in your particular prototype, or because there's actually no software for it [emoji38]lol:crazy:crazy:crazy:crazy

I dont think you buy a 25 year old prototype for 22,000 to actually *do* anything specific with it. ;-)
A prototype is what it is. A "beta" hardware at best. The buyer surely knows this.
Its closer to buying art or antiques than buying a computer.

Akira 22 October 2015 00:17

I guess I never found the purpose of buying stuff like that just for collecting, unless you're some sort of museum.

Smakar 22 October 2015 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1046817)
I guess I never found the purpose of buying stuff like that.

I wish I had a dime every time my wife said that to me :laughing

illy5603 27 October 2015 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1046817)
I guess I never found the purpose of buying stuff like that just for collecting, unless you're some sort of museum.

I had one of maybe 15 or so CDTV-CR's for a year or two. I probably should have held on to it and done the super eBay price gouge thing but decided to sell it to another local Amiga fanatic for what I paid for it. I did manage to make a quick video of it before selling it though.

eXeler0 27 October 2015 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by illy5603 (Post 1047604)
I had one of maybe 15 or so CDTV-CR's for a year or two. I probably should have held on to it and done the super eBay price gouge thing but decided to sell it to another local Amiga fanatic for what I paid for it. I did manage to make a quick video of it before selling it though.

Cool, but wow, Commodore really knew how to prototype all the wrong stuff at the wrong time. Surely they must have known that even AGA would be late to the market. The A600 technology was already obsolete at the time ;-) If only they'd pick more powerful hardware in the first place they wouldn't have had to burn cash and distract themselves by prototyping replacements all the time ;-)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Page generated in 0.06705 seconds with 10 queries