English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CD 32: CD with 444 games? Ebay... (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=17902)

cebulba 25 March 2005 16:48

CD 32: CD with 444 games? Ebay...

Well....

How can you make such a CD?
CD32 Auction at Ebay.uk w/ 444 games CD

Would be interested in that...

Akira 25 March 2005 17:29

Thanks for the link, I'll report it ;p

cebulba 25 March 2005 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira
Thanks for the link, I'll report it ;p

How long do you want to take part in this "warpath against AMIGA copies".
There are more than 100 auctions a day selling copies on Ebay... :banghead

Ok, I will change my question:
What do I need to make backups of my 3000 original AMIGA games for a CD-R running on my CD32 console?

Akira 25 March 2005 18:47

As long as it takes for ebay to take care about it. Don't you give a fuck? Well, I do.

And if you used the SEARCH OPTION of the forum you would find a reply to your question. Keep in mind not all games will run, and if there's no whdoad slave available, well, tough shit, you can't get them to run at all...

cebulba 25 March 2005 19:15

Quote:

As long as it takes for ebay to take care about it. Don't you give a fuck? Well, I do.

sure I do...but as long as there are so many pirates sales (and not only on ebay, check other platforms, too)...and with reffering to a similar Thread here on EAB...do you really think this will be stopped any day?
What about those AMIGA Webpages selling CDRs with 1000 downloaded programmes in adf?
Quote:

And if you used the SEARCH OPTION of the forum you would find a reply to your question. Keep in mind not all games will run, and if there's no whdoad slave available, well, tough shit, you can't get them to run at all...

I checked the SEARCH OPTION before but wasn't able to find one. That's why I'm asking. If there is already one I would appreciate if anybody post the appropriate link here.
Thanks and happy easter :spin

Akira 26 March 2005 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cebulba
I checked the SEARCH OPTION before but wasn't able to find one.

Sorry, but I found this using the search option.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ighlight=cd32-

It wasn't hard ;p

manicx 26 March 2005 12:00

I've done the same Akira did a few times. It's good that eBay takes immediate action against this. I mean, WTF! Why try making money from selling Amiga games in 2005? FFS!

lloyd 27 March 2005 01:57

Point being, we HAVE to give a fuck, cos if we don't it just hurts us all. The guys who made the games in the first place, the guys who bother to preserve them, even the guys who buy them on Ebay.

Tell you what, you go to work for 40 hours per week, and then pay me all your wages. Feel bad? Well that's what people who sell shit like this on Ebay are making those guys feel like "I did all that work, and some robbing bastard creams off the profit". The saddest thing is, these guys don't do all the work for profit in the first place!

Point is, Akira is right - it's illegal to sell pirated software on Ebay (or anywhere else). IF YOU were ripping off Ebay, how long before they stopped YOU doing it? Well they don't seem to care when it's somwbody elses work tho......

CodyJarrett 27 March 2005 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd
"I did all that work, and some robbing bastard creams off the profit".

Sounds like every company I've worked at!

lloyd 27 March 2005 17:03

heh heh, me to Cody - I build 3 phase electrical distribution boards for industry - they sell for thousands but I only get just over minimum wage. Hey ho, pays the bills tho.....

frostwork 27 March 2005 18:36

May this fucking asshole burn in hell!