English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Demos (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Triumph Music Collection 10 - Jarre Live (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=99154)

rossb 12 October 2019 16:10

Triumph Music Collection 10 - Jarre Live

Hi All,

I've had a scout around but can't seem to find a WHDLoad slave for this (Jarre Live Triumph Music Collection 10), does anyone know if one exists?

Thanks,

Ross.

mai 12 October 2019 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossb (Post 1350739)

I've had a scout around but can't seem to find a WHDLoad slave for this (Jarre Live Triumph Music Collection 10), does anyone know if one exists?

There exists no WHDLoad install.
Do you really think there is any need for a WHDLoad install for a cli-based Music-disk? :confused

rossb 12 October 2019 19:01

OK. I guess, based on your comment... No :-) I'll have a play.

Thanks,

Ross.

rossb 12 October 2019 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1350755)
There exists no WHDLoad install.
Do you really think there is any need for a WHDLoad install for a cli-based Music-disk? :confused

As an aside, it doesn't work on my Blizz 1260, or A500Plus with Vampire, but works on my A1000. So perhaps there is a need for a WHDLoad install? :confused Well not a "need" but a "beneift"

mai 12 October 2019 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossb (Post 1350769)
As an aside, it doesn't work on my Blizz 1260, or A500Plus with Vampire, but works on my A1000. So perhaps there is a need for a WHDLoad install? :confused Well not a "need" but a "beneift"

Just copy the modules from FD to HDD and use your favorite module player to listen to the songs.

rossb 12 October 2019 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1350784)
Just copy the modules from FD to HDD and use your favorite module player to listen to the songs.

Thanks Mai, I get that. I just wanted the ADF to work. The "whole" experience as it were. I have just used MapRom to Load KS1.2/1,3 and the written ADF works fine. Seems it doesn't like KS >1.3. I had already played the MODs using PPLAY.

Thanks,

Ross.

mai 12 October 2019 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossb (Post 1350786)
Thanks Mai, I get that. I just wanted the ADF to work. The "whole" experience as it were. I have just used MapRom to Load KS1.2/1,3 and the written ADF works fine. Seems it doesn't like KS >1.3. I had already played the MODs using PPLAY.

Its just the command "fb" in startup-sequence, that makes the disk not compatible with kickstart above 1.3!
just delete first line in startup-sequence "fb" and it works with ks 2.0 and above.
I have no idea what is "FB" for!

...or grab the fixed disk from the zone! :)

rossb 12 October 2019 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 1350790)
Its just the command "fb" in startup-sequence, that makes the disk not compatible with kickstart above 1.3!
just delete first line in startup-sequence "fb" and it works with ks 2.0 and above.
I have no idea what is "FB" for!

...or grab the fixed disk from the zone! :)

Hey Mai,

That's interesting. I will try for sure. Thankyou!

Ross.

rossb 12 October 2019 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by rossb (Post 1350812)
Hey Mai,

That's interesting. I will try for sure. Thankyou!

Ross.

Yup, removing "FB" from SS worked, I'm now intrigued what FB is :-)

However, I noticed that some of the MODs "stutter". If you add FB back in and use KS 1.2/1,3 this doesn't happen. Could it be some kind of buffer command. Anyway, it's not so important, but I will continue to experiment. I don't know if the issue is the later KS or the removal of the FB command from SS that causes this stutter.