English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scottish Amiga Users Meetup! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93024)

Daedalus 14 June 2018 21:04

Scottish Amiga Users Meetup!

The second Scottish Amiga Users meetup will be taking place in Glasgow on the 4th of August. It will be held in the church hall of Shawlands Church on Mossside Road, Crossmyloof from 11am until 6pm. Details haven't been finalised yet, but we should have:
- SWOS tournament
- Sensible Golf competition in conjunction with ANT and SWAG Amiga groups
- Soldering demonstration / presentation
- Lots of Amigas to have a look at, as well as some other interesting retro gear

All are welcome, and feel free to bring your own Amiga to show off and chat about with the other members (please bring your own extensions leads as sockets are limited). As before, entry will be free, however a donation would be greatly appreciated to cover the cost of the hall.

Crossmyloof train station is very close by (use the step-free exit when coming from Glasgow Central and turn right), and many buses pass by on Pollokshaws Road. There is free parking nearby, and a spot beside the hall for loading and unloading gear.

Hopefully see some of you there!

plasmab 14 June 2018 21:54

I shall be along too! Thanks for organizing!

indigolemon 14 June 2018 22:42

Huzzah! A second day of Amiga shenanigans :D

Daedalus 15 June 2018 10:10

No problem! I should add that we will likely head to one of the nearby pubs or restaurants for some food and drinks afterwards, and all are welcome there too.

Overlord 16 June 2018 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daedalus (Post 1248406)
The second Scottish Amiga Users meetup will be taking place in Glasgow on the 4th of August. It will be held in the church hall of Shawlands Church on Mossside Road, Crossmyloof from 11am until 6pm. Details haven't been finalised yet, but we should have:
- SWOS tournament
- Sensible Golf competition in conjunction with ANT and SWAG Amiga groups
- Soldering demonstration / presentation
- Lots of Amigas to have a look at, as well as some other interesting retro gear

All are welcome, and feel free to bring your own Amiga to show off and chat about with the other members (please bring your own extensions leads as sockets are limited). As before, entry will be free, however a donation would be greatly appreciated to cover the cost of the hall.

Crossmyloof train station is very close by (use the step-free exit when coming from Glasgow Central and turn right), and many buses pass by on Pollokshaws Road. There is free parking nearby, and a spot beside the hall for loading and unloading gear.

Hopefully see some of you there!

Definitely interested and will be there if I can get the time off work...

Daedalus 17 July 2018 15:31

Little reminder that the Scottish Amiga Users meetup is less than 3 weeks away! Hoping to see some of you there :)

plasmab 24 July 2018 22:37

I shall be there and will bring my terriblefire

Daedalus 25 July 2018 09:57

Excellent, see you there!

Marle 25 July 2018 10:48

Sounds awesome, sadly I'm not up in Glasgow next until September! Have a good one!

solidcore 25 July 2018 11:11

Sounds great. Will also attend as I'll be up that way anyway.

Daedalus 25 July 2018 11:16

Sweet! Cheers guys :)

Predseda 25 July 2018 12:35

Okay, I am sending you my sidekick, too. He should arrive there.

Daedalus 02 August 2018 00:36

I've put a very rough plan together for the meeting on Saturday, and it looks something like this:

10:30 I arrive and start setting up tables etc. Others are welcome to come along and give a hand at that stage too

11:00 - 12:30 Meet and greet, set up and have a look around

12:30 - 1:00 Soldering presentation

1:00 - 2:00 Soldering try-outs, also a good time to pop out and grab a sandwich nearby

2:00 - 3:00 Sensible Golf competition

3:30 - 4:30 Sensible Soccer tournament

5:30 - 6:00 Finish up, pack up and tidy up

6:30 - late Lebowski's Southside on Nithsdale Road for food and drinks (area booked)

@Predseda
Awesome :D

DamienD 02 August 2018 00:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1256532)
Okay, I am sending you my sidekick, too. He should arrive there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daedalus (Post 1258236)
@Predseda
Awesome :D

Who? Bub? ;)

Predseda 02 August 2018 08:26

No, but my close friend, who runs our local Amiga forum. He should attend. I can not be there in person as I am going to organise Bubble Bobble party here in my country ;-)

Daedalus 02 August 2018 09:49

Ah yes, I think he sent me a message about it. Cool :)

plasmab 02 August 2018 12:35

I will get there for 1pm I think. I may bring a TF534 if I can get it working in time.

Daedalus 02 August 2018 12:46

Cool, you probably don't need to see my introduction to soldering anyway ;) It'd be great to see some new hardware demonstrated!

OldAmigan 05 August 2018 17:08

Great meetup

I thoroughly enjoyed the meetup. I attended with my son (rekindled some memories for him, as his first computer was an A600, which I still have) and my grandson, who both enjoyed the day.

There were some great systems there: an A1000 (jealous), micro A1, A4000, A3000, several A600's, one with Vampire, which enthralled me, a Minimig, a Raspberry Pi based Arcade machine which was brilliant, A500, G4 MacBook running MorphOS and a couple of A1XE's.

My grandson enjoyed the Soccer tournament and ADoom? on the microA1 at an amazingly smooth rate - hopefully an Amigan in the making!

Thanks to Rob for organising this meetup.

I'll be back! :great

solidcore 05 August 2018 20:04

Rob, thank you for the well organised meet up, and although I'm not Scottish I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and felt welcome by everyone I spoke with there. It was also nice to put faces to names and get to know lots of new people. Moreover the drinks/meal afterwards was a good laugh!!! and I would love to come again.