English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A couple of requests (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=2150)

Steve 06 November 2001 15:56

A couple of requests

Here's a few of requests for games I couldn't find at the PE2000 archive. They are:

Armour-Geddon (the first one)
Elfmania
Spellbound Dizzy
Dizzy Prince of the Yolkfolk
Castle Master II - The Crypt
F16 Combat Pilot
F15 Strike Eagle II
Conan the Conqueror (1995)(was this ever released??)

Cheers.

Frog 06 November 2001 16:04

Elfmania on the Zone

i've upload Elfmania WHD version.

CodyJarrett 06 November 2001 18:14

I've uploaded all except for Conan The Conqueror - it sounds like a PD game.

But:

- F-15 Strike Eagle 2 is a one disked version. I can upload an original two disk version if you would like, but it may need input from the manual.

- The two Dizzy games are from the Dizzy's Excellent Adventures compilation. I don't think that they were released individually.

Steve 06 November 2001 18:17

Thanks Cody

Woooaaah. I just visited The Zone and there they are. Well most of them. Thanks Cody. :) Is the F15 1 disk version your own special cracked version? Is there any difference between this and the 2 disk version? Does it emulate in WinUAE yet? I know Prince of the Yolkfolk was a seperate release and I expect Spellbound Dizzy also was. Thanks for posting Dizzy's Excellent Adventures but I already had that. :p It's the standalone versions I'm after. Thanks anyway. :D They must be quite rare I think.

Oh and Conan the Conqueror wasn't a PD game it looked like Darkmere and had good graphics. I've got a preview of it in Amiga Format (May 1995 edition). I don't think it was ever released though. :( Shame cos it looked quite good. Thanks again Cody. :)

CodyJarrett 06 November 2001 18:31

I don't think there is a big difference between the one disked and original two disk version of F-15 Strike Eagle 2, but you never know!

As for Conan, I'm pretty sure it wasn't released.

Twistin'Ghost 07 November 2001 00:07

I believe you are thinking of "Conan the Cimmerian" from Virgin. I'll up it when I get home. And I think I have the standalone versions of those Dizzy games, plus a cracked version of the 2-disk version of F-15 Strike Eagle 2, as well. I'll send up a care package when I get home tonight.

scifi 07 November 2001 08:38

I've just uploaded Conan The Cimmerian steve-b.

Just to relax you a bit Twistin' Ghost!!
You're always there for us!

;)

Steve 07 November 2001 11:39

Thanks guys. I'll try the Conan game out and let you know if it looks like the screenshots from the magazine preview. :)

Steve 07 November 2001 11:57

Well it looks pretty similar. I'll have to look at the magazine screenshots again. Does anyone know what year this game is and whether or not it is AGA.

scifi 07 November 2001 14:02

1 Attachment(s)
Well, as far as I know the game was released in 1991 and it's not an AGA game.

I attach a screenshot to help you a bit!

Steve 07 November 2001 14:32

Thanks

One more request. :)
Disk 5 of Monkey Island II - LeChuck's Revenge

It's missing from PE2000 for some reason unknown to me. :confused

Drake1009 07 November 2001 16:41

I've uploaded a disk 5 of Monkey island 2. The reason I say a disk 5 is because I remember getting the files from PE2000 and having the same problem. I don't quite remember how I got it, I think it was here though.

Steve 07 November 2001 16:51

Thanks Drake. You didn't get the German version of disk 5 did you? That's on PE2000 but the English disk 5 isn't. Bizarre. I think I remember someone uploading it to the ADF Zone a few months ago so you probably got it from here. :)

Amiga1992 07 November 2001 16:52

I was thinking about Conan the Cimmerian as well.. how funny, I saw an ad for it yesterday and I was wondering if teh game got released for the Amiga or if it got canned (the ad said "coming soon Amiga Atari ST blah blah").

It was advertised along with Vengeance of Excalibur.

Twistin'Ghost 08 November 2001 02:37

What the heck is a 'Cimmerian'?

Amigaboy 08 November 2001 03:36

http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/di...term=cimmerian

Twistin'Ghost 08 November 2001 10:03

Did anyone else have trouble with the adz files that Cody posted? I use EasyZip because it handles zip, lha, tar, gz/tgz, cab and bh files. It usually de-archives adz's (renamed) with no problems, but none of those would extract. So I tried running them in WinUAE as adz files and GZIP.EXE created four copies of the GZ in the Windows/Temp dir, but only booted up to the Workbench hand.

CodyJarrett 08 November 2001 10:07

Maybe a problem with your downloading?

Twistin'Ghost 08 November 2001 10:15

I considered that. Which is why I asked if anyone else had problems. Nothing else I downloaded during that session was bad, only the adz files. And I have downloaded lots of adz files before with no issues, so the browser is not padding any extra bits into the file(s).

Amigaboy 08 November 2001 10:34

I picked a random file (Darkside.adz) and it worked fine for me (in Powerarchiver). I didn't actually test the ADF through an emulator. Powerarchiver said it was fine though