English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Modules (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   THE BAND CRACK TUNE (from Dogs of War) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=42546)

Old Fool 10 February 2009 20:59

THE BAND CRACK TUNE (from Dogs of War)

I'm looking for THE BAND crack tune from the game Dogs of War. It is probably SidMon 2.0 file and it sounds a bit like Romeo Knight tune! :D

Does anyone got it in his/her Amiga music library?

TCD 10 February 2009 21:03

Could you upload the DOW version cracked by The Band Old Fool? :)

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 509851)
Could you upload the DOW version cracked by The Band Old Fool? :)

Certainly Cyberman! And I'm sorry to say that it was only trained by The Band. The crack is from Quicksilver.

TCD 10 February 2009 21:13

1 Attachment(s)
Well the trainer screen says 'Black Monks', but I have the song for you anyway ;)

StingRay 10 February 2009 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 509847)
It is probably SidMon 2.0 file and it sounds a bit like Romeo Knight tune! :D

According to the scroller the tune was composed by LCD. :) And Romeo Knight's 'Beat to the Pulp' SidMon tune is million times better :D

DH 10 February 2009 21:17

Jeez! No wonder I couldn't find it :laughing

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 509858)
Well the trainer screen says 'Black Monks', but I have the song for you anyway ;)

Thank you! You're right the TOSEC name is wrong, trainers are BLACK MONKS not The Band.

It was SidMon 1.0 after all... Those drums gave me the hint :)

TCD 10 February 2009 21:22

You're welcome Old Fool!

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 509860)
According to the scroller the tune was composed by LCD. :) And Romeo Knight's 'Beat to the Pulp' SidMon tune is million times better :D

Yes I know, BEAT TO THE PULB is somewhat a piece of an unbeatable Amiga music composition. But this tune I compared to Mr. Romeo's works is more close the song ENIGMA GUN than BTTP.

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:25

By the way, does everyone know that there are two different versions out there that slightly differs from this Beat to the Pulp tune. I know - I've heard them both in different game crack intros.

StingRay 10 February 2009 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 509864)
Yes I know, BEAT TO THE PULB is somewhat a piece of an unbeatable Amiga music composition.

Absolutely true. Timeless classic!

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 509866)
Absolutely true. Timeless classic!

I would add to the list also EINSTEIN's BETRAYAL from THE CHAOS STRIKES BACK. Probably the all time greatest Amiga tune for me.

Old Fool 10 February 2009 21:33

Just blasting the song through my 70's Pioneer amplifier and same brand's HPM-60 10 inch bass reflex 4-way loud spekers. Loud and clear!

mai 10 February 2009 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 509858)

Thank you for the info,TCD.
Another proof, that i have to check every single disk.:crying

TCD 10 February 2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 509882)
Thank you for the info,TCD.
Another proof, that i have to check every single disk.:crying

The renamer must have been blind, because the name occupies half of the screen... :rolleyes Sorry, but it really seems you can't trust the TOSEC renames very much :sad

StingRay 10 February 2009 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 509867)
I would add to the list also EINSTEIN's BETRAYAL from THE CHAOS STRIKES BACK. Probably the all time greatest Amiga tune for me.

Oh yes, absolutely, a wonderful tune. I can hardly remember any tune by Einstein I didn't like. But The DJ's "Lostdream" tune MUST be added to this list as well, one of the all time greatest SidMon tunes for me. Man, I'm all getting nostalgic now. :)

Old Fool 10 February 2009 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 509887)
Oh yes, absolutely, a wonderful tune. I can hardly remember any tune by Einstein I didn't like. But The DJ's "Lostdream" tune MUST be added to this list as well, one of the all time greatest SidMon tunes for me. Man, I'm all getting nostalgic now. :)

Hey! LOST DREAM was one of my favs too back in the time! I remeber when playing Chuck Rock II just hearing this wonderful trainer tune.

Yep, I must have dozens of Einstein's tunes in my Amiga music library!

To add one more chip music module I would say:

LIBI IN PARADIZE - JUMP & ROLL [TITLE]

Absolutely brilliant bass line there. :bowdown Listening this song with good speakers and full bass and loudness turned on... IT ROCKS!

mai 10 February 2009 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 509890)

To add one more chip music module I would say:

LIBI IN PARADIZE - JUMP & ROLL [TITLE]

Sounds good - FC13, i just remember, was difficult to identify, because changed fileheader, no automatic ripper was able to recognize.

Old Fool 10 February 2009 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by mai (Post 509892)
Sounds good - FC13, i just remember, was difficult to identify, because changed fileheader, no automatic ripper was able to recognize.

Just interested in: Which program did you use to rip it after all? This tune is pretty rare and it took me time to find it from the net.

mai 10 February 2009 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 509895)
Just interested in: Which program did you use to rip it after all? This tune is pretty rare and it took me time to find it from the net.

Mainly i use "AFilter" - for me the best tool to rip music and other stuff straight from disk,
http://www.psi5.com/~silva/afilter/
and also Exoticripper to rip music with external samples, for example TFMX.
Afilter has various plugins, also prowizard, XFR, and XFD.
I think AFilter is worth a try.
Because "Jump and Roll" musics, as i have said, no tool is able to recognize
the Future Composer 1.3 tunes on disk and in memory, because the fileheader
was changed(SMOD changed to DEFT) by th composer.
I have not found out for myself, if i remember right "Asle" gives this hint in this forum long time ago.
Change the header of some music is often the solution.