English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   EAB's competition (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   EAB/Lemon Super League 2008: Round 4 - SWIV (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35636)

Graham Humphrey 26 March 2008 22:25

My score is now getting into "reasonable" territory - I got 35% through the game which is the most I've managed.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2...vscore4mn6.jpg

Lunde 26 March 2008 23:23

1 Attachment(s)
the ice level is totally:crazy:banghead:bash
that turret boss on the rail shooting green spheres at you is very hard and needs a great amount of hits:shocked
got 1035660 points,and my trigger finger is hurting:laughing
no more swiv for me now,must get sleep:sleep

blade002 27 March 2008 00:14

1 Attachment(s)
Catching up but not quite there yet :(

TodaysForgotten 27 March 2008 01:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunde (Post 404145)
the ice level is totally:crazy:banghead:bash
that turret boss on the rail shooting green spheres at you is very hard and needs a great amount of hits:shocked
got 1035660 points,and my trigger finger is hurting:laughing
no more swiv for me now,must get sleep:sleep

Lunde, you know you can hold down the button for autofire, right?

blade002 27 March 2008 01:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten (Post 404165)

LOL .. I certainly hope he knows!?!?!?!? :shocked His finger would have turned blue by now :lol

TodaysForgotten 27 March 2008 02:30

haha, we'll pretend he knows, even if he really doesnt (:

john4p 27 March 2008 08:14

My thumb hurts, too - and I just hold down the X-button of my dualshock-controller all the time. I guess I'll map fire also to the R2-shoulder button...

TodaysForgotten 27 March 2008 08:29

sheeyit, you guys need to relax...relax relax relax, too much pressure on the fingers.

Lunde 27 March 2008 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten (Post 404165)

yes i know, i'am not a amiga gaming noob:nuts :laughing

john4p 27 March 2008 21:39

Tip: 2xSaI

Until today I've played fullscreen 640x512 pixels @100Hz, resolution: Hires (normal), Line Mode: Double. And without filter...

That looked like this:

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/9595/045dp5.png

From now on I'll only play like this:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9049/044mg6.png

2xSaI (twice scale & interpolate) bloody rocks! Always used it with ZSNES. Now I got it working properly on WinUAE. It works fullspeed, fullscreen (-height), with correct aspect ratio and 100% smooth.

My new SWIV display setup:
640x512 @100Hz, resolution: Lores, Line Mode: Normal,
Filter 2xSaI, 2x (16bit), Horiz. Size: 1x, Vert. Size: 1x, Horiz. position: -395, Vert. position: -325
(DO NOT check the "Full screen filter" checkbox...)

P.S. Of course you can also try Super2xSaI or SuperEagle - but they don't really look better yet are much more demanding in terms of gfx processing power...

ppill 27 March 2008 22:37

http://images31.fotosik.pl/195/23e46cc983c3e848.png

Nothing special compared to some (well all in fact ;)) of the previously posted scores but this game's growing on me...

Lack of a soundtrack is such a let down...

ppill 27 March 2008 23:38

http://images33.fotosik.pl/195/e1296833f8e2ce93.png

Once you figure out the way to quickly destroy the bonus ships the game becomes quite enjoyable.

Graham Humphrey 28 March 2008 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppill (Post 404360)
Lack of a soundtrack is such a let down...

I'm not sure about that, I think it's quite nice playing it without some godawful "music" torturing my ears.

blade002 28 March 2008 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by john4p (Post 404344)
Until today I've played fullscreen 640x512 pixels @100Hz, resolution: Hires (normal), Line Mode: Double. And without filter...

That looked like this:

That first screen shot is how it looks on my PC monitor using a Scan Doubler on my A1200.. Looks as blocky as all shit!!.. which is why i really need to get hold of a proper Amiga monitor to get it back to how it should look!!.

mailman 28 March 2008 18:33

mailman 29 March 2008 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman
1. Sometimes ground turrets appear. Sometimes they don't? Does anyone know why?
2. Ocassionaly there are some small bunkers which when fired explode into pieces. Sometimes they do not explode into pieces? Why?
3. Once I played strange thing happened. After first 100000 points I got extra life (it is normal thing). But I got another one quite soon having something around 130000 points. Playing again, nothing such happened. Does anyone know what could that be? I remember that I shot red balls with some black logo on them when I got the second extra life. Those balls seem to hover slowly towards top of the screen and when destroyed they fire missiles in circular. I remember I destroyed all of them. Could it be this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten (Post 403976)
1. Happens when you dont die. More ground units appear
2. They are timed. The longer you do not attend to them, the sooner they will explode as you near them (from any direction)
3. I've noticed that too and i believe it relates to how long you last before each death. Generally I think without dying its 100, 300, 600, etc for free life. The maximum lives is 9 before the game ends.

1. Yes, it seems so. What is more. If you don't die the choppers start to fire and tanks are stronger. The difficulty level of this game rises according to your performance. The better you did (less lives lost), the game becomes tougher.

2. This is not what I meant. I know they are timed. Problem is that some of them explode like any other thing, while some explode into pieces (pieces can harm you).

3. It is strange for sure... Extra lives are added at 100000 points and then I had at 400000 points.

New questions - what for is the number of stars shown next to lives left? How to get those stars?

TodaysForgotten 29 March 2008 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 404748)
1. Yes, it seems so. What is more. If you don't die the choppers start to fire and tanks are stronger. The difficulty level of this game rises according to your performance. The better you did (less lives lost), the game becomes tougher.

2. This is not what I meant. I know they are timed. Problem is that some of them explode like any other thing, while some explode into pieces (pieces can harm you).

3. It is strange for sure... Extra lives are added at 100000 points and then I had at 400000 points.

New questions - what for is the number of stars shown next to lives left? How to get those stars?

i never noticed that for number two.

The star indicates how strong your weapon will be when you die. I think the further you get in the game the higher the number goes (up to 5) or it goes by how long you live before a death (if any). To make things clear, if you have full spread (5-way) and die, boom you automatically have 5-way spread.

Graham Humphrey 30 March 2008 01:42

Into the second week now, and it's already proving to be a very popular round, this one. Still looks very likely that TodaysForgotten will hold a lead in the championship at the end of the first leg, however.

john4p 30 March 2008 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mailman (Post 404748)

If you wait about 3 seconds they will always automatically explode into six pieces when you get to close.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TodaysForgotten
The star indicates how strong your weapon will be when you die. I think the further you get in the game the higher the number goes (up to 5) or it goes by how long you live before a death (if any). To make things clear, if you have full spread (5-way) and die, boom you automatically have 5-way spread.

Ah - I thought it would be the # of continues. Now I understand why I sometimes get downgraded from five- to three-spread-shot.

Questions:

1) How many autofire-upgrades have an effect? Two? Three?
2) Anyone using the star-weapon (eight-way shot)? I find it rather unuseful...

TodaysForgotten 30 March 2008 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by john4p (Post 404860)
If you wait about 3 seconds they will always automatically explode into six pieces when you get to close.

Ah - I thought it would be the # of continues. Now I understand why I sometimes get downgraded from five- to three-spread-shot.

Questions:

1) How many autofire-upgrades have an effect? Two? Three?
2) Anyone using the star-weapon (eight-way shot)? I find it rather unuseful...

Hmm, maybe the star could be both.
I think its only two.
I hate that gun. I feel so useless, vunerable and weird with a single fire beam coming out of the front of my ship (heli).