English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. Releases (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   FPSE 10 WarpOS (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=116625)

BULI 22 February 2024 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowcat (Post 1670908)
Aaaand.....could be nice to have an AHI library with proper Warpos support. Got some ideas for that.
Put your hard-earned money here -> .

Tell my where? :)

grelbfarlk 23 February 2024 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowcat (Post 1670908)
Aaaand.....could be nice to have an AHI library with proper Warpos support. Got some ideas for that.
Put your hard-earned money here -> .

I'll donate, I know somebody with rich uncles.

And this can free up Wrangler from doing the WarpOS AHI library, so he can dedicate his time to SPE decoders. And C2P. And scalers.

thellier 23 February 2024 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowcat (Post 1670906)
w3d glitches or faulty rendering in some instancies due to no multitexture support in old w3d.

This is doubtfull as SoulBlade+FPSE+Warp3D was working perfectly on WinUAE+OS3+Wazp3D

I mean the Warp3D driver may not implement all the Warp3D calls needed but is certainly not multitexturing that miss

The Warp3D V5 drivers for OS4 are often not fully compatible with old Warp3D v4 for OS3
See ReWarp or PatchWarp3D about this topic

See SoulBlade grabs here:
http://thellier.free.fr/Wazp3D.htm

Hedeon 23 February 2024 12:22

Would be nice if Wazp3D could be made to behave like patchw3d so i could redirect some or all calls from w3d to Wazp3D. Or is that already possible?

Cowcat 23 February 2024 12:55

Quote:

This is doubtfull as SoulBlade+FPSE+Warp3D was working perfectly on WinUAE+OS3+Wazp3D

I mean the Warp3D driver may not implement all the Warp3D calls needed but is certainly not multitexturing that miss
As defined in source, the OS4 version binds 2 textures and calls W3D_SetTextureBlendTags for transparency/blend to work, so in essence you need multiple TMU support in your hardware driver ( apart from checks to W3D_Flags about FLAG_MULTITEX ).

You can check that in FPSE SDK, it is explicit when OS4 warp3d v5 code is used or not ( you don't have those blend args or functions in old Warp3D v4 ).

If Wazp3D does it for warp v4, so be it.

thellier 23 February 2024 16:31

Wazp3D is not able to replace some WaRp3D function, to patch just some functions

What would be possible (but I will not code it) is to create a Wazp3D that will use Warp3D as hardware renderer. So all Warp3D (v5,v4) functions would be implemented via soft or hard

thellier 23 February 2024 16:38

This is curious as old FPSE with old warp3d plugin was even working with the Wazp3D's Compositing renderer on OS4 that (of course) dont have multitexturing

Also Warp3D v5 always use W3D_SetTextureBlendTags() even for the old blending functions (modulate,replace,etc...) that dont need multitexturing

But if it binds 2 textures... then multitexturing is needed

grelbfarlk 26 February 2024 04:35

GTA 2 seems to run pretty much perfectly. Which is funny because Payback on the Amiga is the predecessor and it has better graphics at higher resolution. The radio is better in GTA 2 at least.

Reynolds 26 February 2024 08:54

it would be so amazing to have a proper W3D/miniGL/whatever for OS3.x & 4.x...

AlphaAmiga 26 February 2024 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by grelbfarlk (Post 1671410)
GTA 2 seems to run pretty much perfectly. Which is funny because Payback on the Amiga is the predecessor and it has better graphics at higher resolution. The radio is better in GTA 2 at least.

GTA 2 was released in 1999, with Payback coming out in 2001 so I don't see how Payback can be the predecessor.

As much as I love Payback, GTA 2 IMO looks far better

Hedeon 26 February 2024 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reynolds (Post 1671429)
it would be so amazing to have a proper W3D/miniGL/whatever for OS3.x & 4.x...

Definition of proper?

grelbfarlk 26 February 2024 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaAmiga (Post 1671467)
GTA 2 was released in 1999, with Payback coming out in 2001 so I don't see how Payback can be the predecessor.

As much as I love Payback, GTA 2 IMO looks far better

Oh you're right, somehow I thought Payback came first but it was actually a GTA clone. I seem to remember a legend that Payback was on the Amiga first, but that is clearly incorrect.

But running Payback in 640x480 Warp3D looks far better than 320x240 that GTA 2 does on the PSX.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hedeon (Post 1671478)
Definition of proper?

Halal.

BULI 27 February 2024 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by grelbfarlk (Post 1671483)
But running Payback in 640x480 Warp3D looks far better than 320x240 that GTA 2 does on the PSX.

I agree :great

grelbfarlk 28 February 2024 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowcat (Post 1671047)
As defined in source, the OS4 version binds 2 textures and calls W3D_SetTextureBlendTags for transparency/blend to work, so in essence you need multiple TMU support in your hardware driver ( apart from checks to W3D_Flags about FLAG_MULTITEX ).

You can check that in FPSE SDK, it is explicit when OS4 warp3d v5 code is used or not ( you don't have those blend args or functions in old Warp3D v4 ).

If Wazp3D does it for warp v4, so be it.

So is the Warp3D v5 stuff in the source too?

Could you theoretically build it with that, and I don't know maybe people testing things could Forceversion=5?

Cowcat 28 February 2024 10:16

Quote:

So is the Warp3D v5 stuff in the source too?

Could you theoretically build it with that, and I don't know maybe people testing things could Forceversion=5?
The assumption that compiling those options AND having a Warp3D v5 support would fix issues is wrong in this subject (also you need full Picasso driver/devs in place, not cybergfx).

Simple: The official OS4 w3d plugin/dll does the same in WinUAE + OS4 Classic + Mediator/Voodoo. Snail framerate. Even with wrong rendering in some places.

I mean, some of my w3dppc warpos ports do run in the same OS4 emulation environment as expected.

I wrote about what I think could be the issue about format conversions with old hardware & drivers.

grelbfarlk 29 February 2024 01:04

No yeah, I didn't necessarily think it would fix it, I was just wondering if it was possible... because maybe some people might have Warp3D drivers that might have v5 support in them.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but from my experience with WinUAE, it's pretty slow running PPC.

FPSE on X1000 or x5000, I don't know what one of them is, obviously they are much faster than the Sonnetlib boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbusoMwQbRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYEiMq8nspU

Cowcat 29 February 2024 09:11

Quote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but from my experience with WinUAE, it's pretty slow running PPC.
I agree that performance of OS3 warpos emulation in WinUAE is pretty bad, but allows me to check what's going on with certaint ports except.....
....with OS4 Classic emulation things change quite a bit and stuff like Hexen2 GL runs quite decent for what it is with Voodoo enabled. Other 3D ports may vary on compatibility.

My WinUAE runs on wine 32 bit.

Some months ago I started using FS-UAE 4 compiled by me and FPSE performance increased a lot for games like MediEvil that run almost at full speed (after all FS-UAE is WinUAE in it's core): Shame that has no 3D Voodoo support. Maybe I'll stretch a little bit my burned brain cells and add that missing part.

BULI 11 March 2024 13:25

BTW
Now, I have for a moment (thanks PONG) A4000 with CyberStormPPC 400mhz with CyberVisionPPC, I did a little tests:

FPSE parameters:
COMPILER, Frameskip 3, ScreenMode: 640x480x16bit
Sound AHI: Paula 8BIT DMA
Game:Tekken3 (demo mode)

1. without SCALE
- Cowcat AOS3.9: 30 - 23 FPS
- Amidog AOS4.1FE 29 - 24 FPS

2. with SCALE
- Cowcat AOS3.9: 25 - 21 FPS
- Amidog AOS4.1FE: 24 - 19 FPS

FPSE (AmiDog) with Warp3D works but on CyberVisionPPC it has BIG problem with bitmaps and textures (ONE BIG GLITCH), If I remember correctly, it looked much better on Voodoo3.
Good option in FPSE from Amidog is Turn Off: "Play XA/CDDA"- it is very useful when music is jerky, but sound (SFX) still works.

grelbfarlk 11 March 2024 18:37

That's pretty good, all things considered.
But in a normal config with CSPPC <=233MHz, that's going to be about half that or into unplayable range, with BPPC about half that into slideshow mode.
It would be nice... to somehow figure out a faster audio solution. Something like being able to split CDDA tracks off to a separate AHI unit that doesn't need resampling. Like SFX going through 8bit Paula DMA and CDDA going to SB16/FM801 at 16bit/44khz.

BULI 12 March 2024 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by grelbfarlk (Post 1673548)
That's pretty good, all things considered.
But in a normal config with CSPPC <=233MHz, that's going to be about half that or into unplayable range, with BPPC about half that into slideshow mode.
It would be nice... to somehow figure out a faster audio solution. Something like being able to split CDDA tracks off to a separate AHI unit that doesn't need resampling. Like SFX going through 8bit Paula DMA and CDDA going to SB16/FM801 at 16bit/44khz.

Option Turn Off: "Play XA/CDDA" don't give up speed (maybe very, very little), but give a comfort for ears (no jerky music can be heard) and we don't lose the game's sound effects