English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The Real EAB exclusive Amiga Hall of Fame 1988 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14582)

Bloodwych 05 August 2004 19:20

Brain - overload - just - can't - decide - ......

I love so many of these games. Role on to 1989 so I can easily pick out my fav. (no prizes for guessing which title).

Hmmmm. Cancelling out a few for being ST ports just because I need to narrow this down a little and......... Interceptor. Although truthfully, I can't raise it above some of the other titles listed.

Freakyweakywoo 07 August 2004 09:09

A big thank you to everyone who has voted so far. As its the weekend I'm hoping for a big rush of votes, there is still another week of voting to go and IK+ is still out in the lead.

Capitaine 07 August 2004 12:45

hum IK+... this is a very good game, but it get boring after 1 hour.

Anyway, can't understand why only 2 people voted Hybris !! ...
Even Pac-mania, one of the best conversion on Amiga, only get a single vote :nuts

kriz 07 August 2004 13:32

Great Giana Siiiiisters !! Played this game so much and i can play it now too, good fun plattformer :)))

DrBong 13 August 2004 19:30

@Freakyweakywoo
Hate to tell you this, but Elite was released in early 1989 (confirmed by a couple of magazine reviews) and not 1988. I just noticed this error recently in the HOL entry and fixed it. Kind of stuffs up the poll a bit.....sorry.

Shoonay 13 August 2004 19:49

The one and only: [Dungeon Master] comes with my vote...

Freakyweakywoo 15 August 2004 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBong
@Freakyweakywoo
Hate to tell you this, but Elite was released in early 1989 (confirmed by a couple of magazine reviews) and not 1988. I just noticed this error recently in the HOL entry and fixed it. Kind of stuffs up the poll a bit.....sorry.

Ok, easy fix would be for those who voted for Elite (myself included), just to post thier new vote in here and I will add up the votes and post a nice graph or something so everyone can see how the voting finished. I'll email/pm those who have a new vote, I'll give them a fair chance to respond and if they dont then I'll have to not count thier vore :(

Thanks again for taking part, we all get another chance to vote for Elite in the 1989 poll, comming later :)

My vote now goes for Dungeon Master, I spent days wandering around, lost and confused. I like it so much thats now how I live my life. :spin

Hillsy_ 16 August 2004 02:14

Ok...Ok, I'm ready to vote!! :spin Oh...shall I tick here :sad ...no here :sad ...no here :sad ....no there... :sad Ah! I cannot vote too many good ones!! :nuts Erm...
Well it's a match between Dungeon Master, Elite, Rocket Ranger, Virus, IK+, F/A 18 Interceptor, or Carrier Command...:shocked

Virus was a good game, but it had terrible control method. F/A 18 Interceptor was good, but I liked Falcon better. Hmmmm....Rocket Ranger was good, but was it all just flashy sequences.... Carrier Command...yes good, but it could be completed very quickly if you know the right moves....IK+ was a good game too, but is their enough there to warrant it to be the winner, no I don't think so..Elite & Dungeon Master are great games too, but they first appeared really on the AtariST...Hmmm....so the winner is....Oh...damn none left!! :banghead

Let's start again....24 hours later....damn I missed the vote!!

Hillsy.

PS: The winner really has to go to Dungeon Master. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Happy voting to you all!!

Shatterhand 20 August 2004 06:39

If I can't vote for Elite

My vote goes for IK+ , surely :)

Oh, and who voted "None, my fave game isnt on your poxy list and for this you will die!"?

killergorilla 20 August 2004 09:38

Well the answer to that question is TEH (or superfrog as he used to be called)

Punk kid not sticking by the rules ;)

wlcina 20 August 2004 10:52

Dungeon Master and nothing else ;-)

Freakyweakywoo 23 August 2004 11:55

Ok, I'll end this now.

And the winner is (as if you didnt know) IK+ with 12 votes

in order the top 3 games were.

IK+ 12 votes
Dungeon Master 10 votes
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders 6 votes

to follow 1989 hall of fame, and some great games will show thier heads, such as Elite :nervous Thanks for voting, fun wasnt it.

Muzkat 24 August 2004 09:52

IK, definately. It is just one amazing game. Too bad I missed the vote though. :(

Days_of_Amiga 24 August 2004 12:37

Hello dear friends im new to this site i just joined but anyway i can't forget the amazing culture those good old days with the Amiga and i would like to ask a few questions.

How do i play old Amiga games on my PC?
What emulator do i install and where do i get the games from?
Please tell me step by step thanks.

wlcina 24 August 2004 13:51

go to www.winuae.net and read carefully winuae is a amiga emulator - but you will need more files - amiga rom file, some games or workbench

JudasEZT 25 August 2004 12:13

AAAARGH! I miss the deadline..

anyway. too many classics in middle of classics.. its hard to decide.

Nebulus just one vote, and IkariWarriors none.. this is so cruel.
Elite is the mother of classics, but a bit mild on Amiga.
Hybris ,.. my arcade point of view of th computer games...
Carrier Command, Starglider2.. supercool 3d games.. BuggyBoy and Hang-on fast and addictive..
DungeonMater another father of classics..

My vote would be for F/A18 Interceptor. The best Amiga could give you in 1988.