English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Hardware mods (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Terrible Fire Accelerators (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85380)

plasmab 01 January 2017 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akira (Post 1131572)
Thank you plasmab for your efforts and especially for caring about the CD32 :great I'll be looking with great interest, hoping someone goes and builds some of your boards "en masse" for us to be able to get them.

Actually you can all thank Louis Rossmann for spurring me on to get something finished.

Locutus 01 January 2017 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131593)
Indeed. I did an implemenation of the Archie for the MiST board...

https://github.com/mist-devel/mist-b...r/cores/archie

There is a bit of tension between Apollo and MiST... I feel like i'm a bit stuck in the middle.

Ahh that's yours! neat!

I haven't run it bit I looked through the code when I saw it released to see how the Archimedes actually looks like hardware wise (well, the VIDC)

plasmab 01 January 2017 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locutus (Post 1131602)
Ahh that's yours! neat!

I haven't run it bit I looked through the code when I saw it released to see how the Archimedes actually looks like hardware wise (well, the VIDC)

The VIDC is properly mental. All Acorn stuff is crack smoking. I need to go meet Sophie Wilson sometime and find out what he/she was smoking when this stuff was developed. The VIDC can do 1Mhz Audio!!!!

plasmab 01 January 2017 23:43

Ok that's the FPU working

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...7bc26fb323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locutus 01 January 2017 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131604)
The VIDC is properly mental. All Acorn stuff is crack smoking. I need to go meet Sophie Wilson sometime and find out what he/she was smoking when this stuff was developed. The VIDC can do 1Mhz Audio!!!!

Indeed! Acorn stuff is far away on crack, hardware, software, everything :)

And Sophie Wilson is awesome, the whole validation model for the ARM1 was done in BBC BASIC by her, total batshit :-)

Pat the Cat 02 January 2017 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131612)

:cool:cool:cool:great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locutus (Post 1131615)
Indeed! Acorn stuff is far away on crack, hardware, software, everything

I just boggled at looking at Conqueror... think that's what it was called.

Must admit, didn't like BBC basic. It was / is a brilliant basic. Just not my thing. Put it down to using ZX Basic earlier, and not using a BBC at school. Put me off Basic. I managed to get an O level in Computing, but the school actually only possessed a donated mainframe. We actually studied at a local College instead, used CPM based machines.

jediknight 02 January 2017 03:28

well im not electronic genius i just wonderd so its tougher than i thought , shame but great work cant wait to make one.

plasmab 02 January 2017 03:33

It's cool... but look at this ...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...76ab059c46.jpg

If you change the layout of one chip you pretty much have to start again

TroyWilkins 02 January 2017 04:57

I've been following you on youtube since I discovered your project a few weeks ago, love the projects, love the progress updates, and the goals are admirable. As I just commented on your latest video on youtube, it's making me seriously consider getting an A500. But I also want an A1200, and I'd love to get my hands on an Archimedes machine too... Oh if only I had unlimited funds and unlimited space here...

whiteb 02 January 2017 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131612)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...7bc26fb323.jpg

So what was the issue with the FPU then (Curiosity).

PeteAU 02 January 2017 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131637)
It's cool... but look at this ...
(image)
If you change the layout of one chip you pretty much have to start again

Nice to fit that all into 2 layers. Why not make your life easier and delete the FPU?

Very cool to open source it, I hope you get 1000s of youtube subscribers for it.

1time 02 January 2017 09:36

Plasmab: Really nice progress. Keep up the good work and continue to feed us with your progress. It is freaking awesome ;)

plasmab 02 January 2017 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteb (Post 1131652)
So what was the issue with the FPU then (Curiosity).

Incompetence on my part. Minor firmware fix in the CPLD.

Its new years in Glasgow so you cant expect me to be sober :P

plasmab 02 January 2017 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyWilkins (Post 1131641)
I've been following you on youtube since I discovered your project a few weeks ago, love the projects, love the progress updates, and the goals are admirable. As I just commented on your latest video on youtube, it's making me seriously consider getting an A500. But I also want an A1200, and I'd love to get my hands on an Archimedes machine too... Oh if only I had unlimited funds and unlimited space here...

Its funny because i'll probably be seen as an A500 fanboy now... and I'm really not. I got a bunch of A500s that someone found in a skip and i decided they'd be perfect for experimentation.

I really want to get my hands on a good A600. I have a few CD32s and A1200s here too. One day I looked at how much i spent for an A1200 accelerator and decided that it was ridiculous and embarked on an accelerator project.

Enjoy the videos!

plasmab 02 January 2017 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeteAU (Post 1131655)
Nice to fit that all into 2 layers. Why not make your life easier and delete the FPU?

Very cool to open source it, I hope you get 1000s of youtube subscribers for it.

Its done now and i'll probably keep more or less the same layout for cd32 boards.

I am going to see if a clockport will fit on the TF530.. no promises.

EDIT: The YT stuff is mostly to keep me motivated.

Locutus 02 January 2017 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasmab (Post 1131675)
Its Glasgow so you cant expect me to be sober :P

^- i fixed that for you, have a buckie

plasmab 02 January 2017 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locutus (Post 1131687)
^- i fixed that for you, have a buckie

You have to be Glaswegian for that. :)

Pat the Cat 02 January 2017 11:32

NOOOOOOOO...

full proof white rum or nothing. Although it's a bit early for that.

Locutus 02 January 2017 11:37

Its never early for Alcoholism, how do you think we get through the winter here?

plasmab 02 January 2017 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locutus (Post 1131695)
Its never early for Alcoholism, how do you think we get through the winter here?

Learn Rally Driving?