English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Cracked games missing stuff... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=88891)

ross 08 January 2018 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1210705)
Wasn't aimed at you ;)

;) Going back from a little break makes you forget a little of everything.
Mine was a message to remember to myself :D

Quote:

Ziriax wouldn't be suitable for a comp anyway as its at least 700K of data ;)
Maintaining the first intro (the zoomer, stripped from BM crack), the extro (destroyed by TT trainer, anyway not working in any floppy version existing), using for the data part the original cruncher (it's fast and i'm to lazy to repack everything :)), adding a small cracktro/trainer, then I'm sure I'll have to use all 880KB.
For this I'll need to repack with something slower at least the intro/main code/data, but i'll load/depack during initial zoomer, so probably load time is lesser than the original.
I've made a special version of my OCEAN loader that loads at free disk offset (and not sector) to better use space [original also load a whole $1800*2 MFM track at free offset without sector].
:great

Galahad/FLT 09 January 2018 00:24

Yeah, that was my plan for Nitro, but it had a bug in it that I was struggling to narrow down, so I rejigged the format and still managed to get it all to fit.

Look forward to your results. :)

kipper2k 30 January 2018 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1210657)
Haven't tested myself, but apparently all TOSEC versions of Mike the Magic Dragon are faulty in some way...

Thing is though, there is an .IPF but it's not public. dlfrsilver has it but won't share so...

I'd like to bump this, The game uses track 80 for protection. Whenever you try to complete the first level you need to get the 3 letters in the correct order to continue (RAM, DIR etc) The adf tries to check the non existent track 80 and of course cannot authenticate and you cannot continue the game.

All ADFs fail :(

darkuni 30 January 2018 22:16

This is such a great thread, I almost hate to tarnish it with just a complimentary post. :D

seuden 30 January 2018 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1210657)
Haven't tested myself, but apparently all TOSEC versions of Mike the Magic Dragon are faulty in some way...

Thing is though, there is an .IPF but it's not public. dlfrsilver has it but won't share so...

Does the one linked on HOL not work?

BTW for sale on ebay. https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-The-Ma...wAAOSwnFZXVWFO

ross 30 January 2018 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipper2k (Post 1216158)
I'd like to bump this, The game uses track 80 for protection. Whenever you try to complete the first level you need to get the 3 letters in the correct order to continue (RAM, DIR etc) The adf tries to check the non existent track 80 and of course cannot authenticate and you cannot continue the game.

All ADFs fail :(

I looked quickly at Mike and patched the .exe to skip the track 80 protection (a 2 byte patch, can be so simple?!). First level can be passed, but now i've no time to check more.
ADF in The Zone!
(game works only on KS1.x so need to be better fixed...)

DamienD 30 January 2018 23:19

ross the man; back with another "just seen" request / fix :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

darkuni 30 January 2018 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1216235)

There were a lot of really early Amiga games that seemed to be locked into KS 1.x (I remember a few like Major Motion, Arkanoid, etc). How is this "fixed" by the scene? What locks them to that version? Simple checks or ...?

kipper2k 30 January 2018 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1216235)
I looked quickly at Mike and patched the .exe to skip the track 80 protection (a 2 byte patch, can be so simple?!). First level can be passed, but now i've no time to check more.
ADF in The Zone!

Galahad/FLT 31 January 2018 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkuni (Post 1216243)
There were a lot of really early Amiga games that seemed to be locked into KS 1.x (I remember a few like Major Motion, Arkanoid, etc). How is this "fixed" by the scene? What locks them to that version? Simple checks or ...?

The problems usually occur where the programmer does a JMP directly to a routine in Kickstart ROM instead of using proper dos.library/exec.library offsets which would take care of different Kickstart versions transparently.

kipper2k 31 January 2018 01:31

got to level 3 and it seems to be ok, it is a very tough game (at least for me). After ages getting the letters USB and grabbin g the key, it was wrong!.. correct answer was BUS

did i mention i had to cheat, addresses change

68ae7 is mem location of lives
e9ff is for time left before the friggin annoying spider shows up. a WHDload conversion would be appreciated :)

edit: up to level 7, works good, mabbe tosec should be updated and all existing mikes be marked as bad with exception to this new one.
If you like platform games this will be fun :) (in so many ways lol)

ross 31 January 2018 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kipper2k (Post 1216281)
edit: up to level 7, works good, mabbe tosec should be updated and all existing mikes be marked as bad with exception to this new one.
If you like platform games this will be fun :) (in so many ways lol)

Good :)

I've updated the upload, so you can save the hiscore.
In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the [original disk sectors] bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.
And hiscore file can overwrite the intro (garbage displayed :rolleyes)

If you want to do more test... ;)

seuden 31 January 2018 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1216304)

In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.

Great stuff. :great

kipper2k 31 January 2018 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1216304)

In the previous upload by mistake i've destroyed the [original disk sectors] bitmap that need to be 'illegal' to support bootblock intro load.

Perfect, i wondered what happened to the intro pic after the first load, i just kept loading it and game started. Thanks for this, this has been on my radar for a lonnng time :)

ross 04 February 2018 20:01

Quote:

a WHDload conversion would be appreciated :)

Probably is not even needed.
I've investigated the reason why KS1.x is needed and is due to a stupid call that expects a defined (wrong) result..
An ADF patch is on the way but can be better. With proper assign can start also from WB (logically need an AGA patch and some better init, maybe cache off).

If i'm not too lazy...

ross 04 February 2018 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 1210705)
Ziriax wouldn't be suitable for a comp anyway as its at least 700K of data ;)

Quote:

.., then I'm sure I'll have to use all 880KB.
Actually I was wrong.
~
750bytes
remained unused :D

DamienD 04 February 2018 20:34

Quote:

a WHDload conversion would be appreciated

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1217375)
Probably is not even needed.
I've investigated the reason why KS1.x is needed and is due to a stupid call that expects a defined (wrong) result..
An ADF patch is on the way but can be better. With proper assign can start also from WB (logically need an AGA patch and some better init, maybe cache off).

If i'm not too lazy...

@kipper2k; what's wrong with using ross's perfect, insanely good cracked / trained floppy disk version? Ziriax 100% (Ultimate Edition) ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1216861)
More significative patches:
- support all Amiga (ocs to aga, 020+, every memory configuration)

StingRay 04 February 2018 20:43

He is requesting a WHDLoad patch for Mike the Magic Dragon and Ziriax!

ross 04 February 2018 20:51

We've totally derailed original Galahad thread :p

Galahad/FLT 04 February 2018 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ross (Post 1217401)
We've totally derailed original Galahad thread :p

I shall not cry about it, we got 2 productive releases :)