English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.CD32 Conversion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Workbench on CD32 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=34601)

Fingerlickin_B 01 April 2008 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingerlickin_B (Post 403957)
Sounds GREAT...more info please? :bowdown

PZ.

Please? :bowdown

Fingerlickin_B 01 April 2008 12:06

I just tried using MakeCD and now have a rubbish bin full of disks :(

They show all the files when the disc is loaded into my 1200, but don't boot on the CD32.

PZ.

musashi5150 01 April 2008 13:31

Sorry fella... didn't check back here. (I guess I owe you some discs and a beer? :D )

Did the program you were making the discs with patch "CD32.TM" into the ISO? Without that file injected into the ISO at the right sector the CD32 won't boot the disc. The TM file is on the developer CD and I'm sure someone can upload it for you here. I always used the ISO making program on the developer CD too.

musashi5150 01 April 2008 14:10

Download the CD32 devkit files from here: http://www.cd32-allianz.de/entwickler/entwickler

You will find the CD32.TM file in \CD32\ISO9660Tools_V1.04\ISOCD and the burning package is in that archive too. I think it's "BuildCD"...

Maybe this can redeem me? ;)

Fingerlickin_B 01 April 2008 14:45

Thank you VERY MUCH man, I'll have a play with that tomorrow night if I can... need sleep right about now:agree

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B 02 April 2008 01:40

I'm at work right now, so can't actually try it out, but I've read the translated instructions and everything looks in order.

According to the instructions, the process I was going through with MakeCD was correct except the I have to add the .TM file, which I previously didn't have.

Will try it out for real tonight :great

PZ.

musashi5150 02 April 2008 09:10

Best of luck - let me know how it goes :great

AlaCarcuss 03 April 2008 00:29

Damn! - A Cliff-Hanger!!....:banghead

Fingerlickin_B 03 April 2008 01:46

Yep, I can now create bootable CDs for my CD32...thanks so very much!!!! :D

Having a bit of trouble when creating a bootable Workbench CD though.

It all boots up fine, but you can't see the mouse cursor arrow thingy?

It is there, as when you move upwards and click you can select and activate items from the drop-down...you just can't actually see the mouse cursor itself.

Very strange, but I'll do some more fiddling tonight and try to find out why.

Cheers again!

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B 03 April 2008 03:38

I just realised...I've read some places that the CD32 Kickstart ROM is based on 3.0 and read in other places that it's 3.1 :confused

If it is indeed 3.0 would that explain the lack of mouse cursor when running a CD with Worbench 3.1 on it? :blased

PZ.

alphonsus 03 April 2008 05:24

AFAIK the CD32 ROM is 3.1 as 3.0 didn't contain a CDFS to read CD's. It's probably a different ROM to the other AGA 3.1 ROMs as it has to handle chips that aren't on the other AGA machines (akiko).

Fingerlickin_B 03 April 2008 05:51

Ah ok, well then I wonder why I can't see the cursor...hmmm? :blased

PZ.

musashi5150 03 April 2008 09:13

That's just weird. My SX32 Pro CD32 with a 3.1 install on HD works just fine. I think the CD stuff is in the CD32s extended ROM (it has a 3.1 ROM and an extra ROM for CD32 stuff). Also the Akiko doesn't need 'handling' as such because most of it's functions are transparent (e.g. IIRC the CD32 doesn't have any CIA chips - they are inside the Akiko).

So as for a missing point pointer - I have no idea. If you use the WB setup you've made on a WinUAE CD32 does a pointer appear there?

Toni Wilen 03 April 2008 09:16

CD32 Kickstart is 3.1 + Akiko C2P support added to graphics.library WriteChunkyPixels() (or some similar named function, don't remember..).

Everything else is in "extended" ROM.

Perhaps boot animation (rotating text is a sprite) disables sprites or something?

musashi5150 03 April 2008 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 405541)
Perhaps boot animation (rotating text is a sprite) disables sprites or something?

That rings a bell Toni! Yes, the startup screen is 'supposed' to be closed in a certain way. A library needs to be opened and then closed again and the startup anim will close nicely. Can't remember which library from memory but I wrote code for this a while ago... I'll send you the program to try when I get home Fingerlickin_B :)

EDIT: For the curious it's freeanim.library. I remember putting this fix into one of -Rob-'s cracktros :)

Fingerlickin_B 04 April 2008 00:09

Thanks man, I got your PM & will be trying it out tonight! :D

Fingerlickin_B 05 April 2008 07:20

YES, it worked!

Thanks a million man, you are a lifesaver!!!! :D:bowdown:great:crazy

Cheers,
Blake.

musashi5150 05 April 2008 10:18

You're welcome :)

If anyone else wants this tool for their CD32 bootdiscs then it's in the zone. It's a very simple program (100 bytes) which can go in the first line of your Startup-Sequence and makes sure the CD32 animation closes nicely.

Simply opens freeanim.library and then closes it again - this is the official method C= mention in the CD32 developer docs.

I guess not closing the anim nicely upsets sprites on some setups :)

Fingerlickin_B 11 April 2008 14:55

I've only used this for my Workbench CD, but still must give a big thanks to Musashi...and everyone on here who's ever helped me I suppose.

The member base of this board should be named in the hardware section of my Will as allocated seagulls...in fact, that's a bloody good idea! :great

pz.

Rochabian 11 April 2008 21:42

Hi
Got a problem with CD32+SX32+ Workbench 3.9 + Boing Bag
I think it's a good place to deal with now
I'm unable to read audio tracks at all when WB is launched
My CD reader (the CD32 one) is recognize as cd.device unit 0 when i insert a CD but it can't play cd at all, audio CD are not recogniezd at all (no icon)
Someone has got a tip??????