English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scourge of the Underkind: Development thread (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80838)

JudasEZT 27 December 2015 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordnipple (Post 1058288)
yes, after all these years it's still the program of choice for a project such as this. I could use photoshop or grafx2 to produce the art for this but i have so much fun using dpaint :d

+1

nandius_c 27 December 2015 13:38

It looks really nice so far, keep the good work! ;) I already knew Magnus YouTube cannel, he has some amazing stuff there.

CaptainNow 27 December 2015 14:18

Thankyou :)
I am storyboarding an intro sequence today that will hopefully look cool :)

Magnus is extremely talented, I have always wanted to work with someone like him

DamienD 27 December 2015 16:40

Wow, another great looking game I'll definitely try once complete :)

Great work again LordNipple :great

idrougge 27 December 2015 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by iddqd (Post 1058287)
So you use DeluxPaint for creating the tiles? Cool. Perhaps that's the best tool for the job.

I can't come to think of any better suited program apart from Personal Paint.

Neil79 27 December 2015 16:57

Wayne, is that you? :p ( LordNipple )

CaptainNow 27 December 2015 17:31

Affirmative commander :D
It's me :)

Thanks for running an article on your site about this game!
I will speak to you about some exclusives soon ;)

Neil79 27 December 2015 18:23

:great:bowdown

Toni Galvez 28 December 2015 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordNipple (Post 1058351)
Affirmative commander :D
It's me :)

Thanks for running an article on your site about this game!
I will speak to you about some exclusives soon ;)

Hellooo LordNipple, I do like the graphics you have showed of your new game, please, do not forget to put MUSIC+FX at once, every game deserves a good full videogame soundtrack. Try to use 3 voices modules and 1 voice for sound effects. If you use the same instruments for music, is possible to store separated songs and you will save a lot of space.

How many discs you plan to use for your game?

CaptainNow 28 December 2015 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Galvez (Post 1058524)
Hellooo LordNipple, I do like the graphics you have showed of your new game, please, do not forget to put MUSIC+FX at once, every game deserves a good full videogame soundtrack. Try to use 3 voices modules and 1 voice for sound effects. If you use the same instruments for music, is possible to store separated songs and you will save a lot of space.

How many discs you plan to use for your game?

Hi!

We have a musician lined up ready to do the music for our game, I will pass on your advice, thankyou!

We plan to release the game on a single .ADF file, free to the public.

Toni Galvez 28 December 2015 17:55

Another recomendation for the sound, it is possible to put drums and bass line in the same voice, only mixing the kick with the bass in the same sample, to play the bass only, use the sample offset feature of Protracker to start playing after the kick in the sample. The snare can be alone, or maybe can be in the chords voice.

If the musician choose to make 4 voices modules and the FX will interrupt some notes, the bass line is the most expendable part in the music (at least in my point of view) maintaining the melody and chords part intact.

CaptainNow 28 December 2015 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Galvez (Post 1058540)
Another recomendation for the sound, it is possible to put drums and bass line in the same voice, only mixing the kick with the bass in the same sample, to play the bass only, use the sample offset feature of Protracker to start playing after the kick in the sample. The snare can be alone, or maybe can be in the chords voice.

If the musician choose to make 4 voices modules and the FX will interrupt some notes, the bass line is the most expendable part in the music (at least in my point of view) maintaining the melody and chords part intact.

I will pass this on to the musician as I have no idea how he plans to make his music for the game. :)
Thankyou! :)

Tsak 28 December 2015 22:50

This current work looks amazing!
And judging from the fine job you did with the Renegades release I feel very positive vibes with this one! Well done and good luck! :great

CaptainNow 28 December 2015 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsak (Post 1058584)
This current work looks amazing!
And judging from the fine job you did with the Renegades release I feel very positive vibes with this one! Well done and good luck! :great

Thanks so much!
Renegades was a real labour of love!
I have done some storyboarding for the intro sequence for Scourge of the Underkind and hopefully it will look great!
I have a good feeling about this game too

lordofchaos 29 December 2015 00:04

This looks ruddy marvelous! Especially the gfx style. Good luck with the endeavour!

CaptainNow 29 December 2015 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofchaos (Post 1058602)
This looks ruddy marvelous! Especially the gfx style. Good luck with the endeavour!

Really glad you like our work!

I really want to spend the time doing the best pixel art I can for this, intro, loading screens, story screens and end game sequence are all being storyboarded. I need to watch the size of these things as we aim to fit the game on a single .adf.

Once the player sprite is finished and up and running about I hope to chat with the musician about getting something composed. I will mention the re-usage of instruments between compositions to help keep the size down...if this gives the game the right 'feel' then I am more than happy with that.

I just want to say a huge thankyou to all the messages of support here!
I know the programmer has been ill recently and I am sure any positive words will go to help him.

LuMan 30 December 2015 10:51

This is looking really, good. Once you get the player character in the code and running about the maze, how about releasing a playable version? We can all give it a bit of testing for you and let you know of any tweaks :)

CaptainNow 30 December 2015 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuMan (Post 1058910)
This is looking really, good. Once you get the player character in the code and running about the maze, how about releasing a playable version? We can all give it a bit of testing for you and let you know of any tweaks :)

Really glad you like the look of it so far :)

I know we have a few testers already lined up for the purpose of fine tuning etc but thankyou! :)
I think we'll release a teaser demo when the time is right but that will be closer to the actual release but I will have to discuss these things with the programmer first.

Lazycow 30 December 2015 20:42

Very good background graphics! But what is the game about? As there are chests, maybe something with swords and dragons?

LuMan 30 December 2015 20:44

Heh. That's totally understandable, LordN. I was being a bit cheeky by asking. Still, it was worth a try (hahaha).

I'll patiently wait for the next update..... ;)