English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.aGTW (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   King's Ransom (Unreleased game, possible attempt to rescue it?)) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63263)

Adrian Browne 05 August 2015 00:25

Yup. If you can salvage anything from those discs that would be cool. We love this sort of thing around here. I'm always fascinated to see lost Amiga games unearthed and sometimes brought back to life.

Gzegzolka 05 August 2015 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by albino (Post 1034510)
Two years of developement for being canned!
Sometimes things doesn't play fair for the developer and also for the users, specialy when that about a such quality games...

I do not understood this too. Like some developers cancel their games that was nearly done. Like game is 90% complete, but it's year 94 and Commodore goes out, and so they abandon it just by this one fact. I mean there was still lot of people who have amiga and just because there is no more Commodore it doesn't mean that all amiga hardware will brick itself and become broken. When I hear that Commodore is out of business I wasn't thinking about throwing to trash all my games. And You? I'm sure that it was possible to earn good money on developing amiga games till 1996.

Vollldo 26 August 2015 23:55

It would be wonderfull to have something to run on our miggy yes !

alexh 27 August 2015 12:16

Such a shame this wasn't preserved. I do hope that the developer will take the time to look in their attic/basement.

There are several people here on the forum (IFW) (JimDrew), who created their own hardware and software for recovering Amiga (and all format) disks on the PC.

Under the names Kryoflux and SupercardPro.

If he didn't want to part with the disks, and didn't want to invest in the hardware, I am sure for such an interesting project he could get a loan of a unit and some advice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzegzolka (Post 1034595)
I'm sure that it was possible to earn good money on developing amiga games till 1996.

But you could earn great money on PSOne.

ascp 27 August 2015 13:59

Even if you only can find some graphics it would still be ubercool to see something more than just the screenshots.

Adrian Browne 28 August 2015 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan (Post 1038375)
Even if you only can find some graphics it would still be ubercool to see something more than just the screenshots.

Yup. It looks like a truly beautiful game.

Gzegzolka 19 February 2018 22:55

You have no idea how much can be found in old magazines :)

malko 19 February 2018 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbadel (Post 1034260)
I'm not sure if there is anyone still looking at this thread but let me first thank you guys for your interest in our game. As I've mentioned in an old post, King Ransom was a sequel to Wrath of the Demon made by myself and the rest of the Abstrax team. After 2 years of development, the game was unfortunately put on hold so the team could be assigned to some more pressing console projects. Regrettably, we never went back to complete it and after a few years, the Abstrax team split off so the whereabouts of the latest version of the game is very much uncertain. I possibly have some parts of the Amiga version sitting in a box in my basement but reviving that would for sure be time consuming and quite a challenging task...

Pierre Proulx
Abstrax

If you are still in the neighbourhood Pierre, would you mind considering going in your basement to look for the disks/hd ?

:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

DamienD 19 February 2018 23:51

Yup, first time I've read this thread and wow!!! Looks amazing, nice work indeed Pierre and co :great

...and as others have said; we on EAB love an [unreleased] game in any state :agree

Gzegzolka 20 February 2018 10:23

Few more scans from my collection:

invent 20 February 2018 11:30

I'm glad i have subscribed to this thread, do we have the official artist and coder involved?

Can we contact anyone who published the magazines with the original images that we can post here? I spend about 30 mins before work trying to source the info with no luck. Lots of web archive magazine referencences though. Very interesting game.

Gzegzolka 20 February 2018 16:07

There are lot of stuff in internet, but even if You know what You are searching it often has no proper tags. Like Amiga Magazie Rack mention existence of some mags and have only scanned covers or less, so You have to hit archive org in hope they will have those magazines or even look for other dedicated websites for magazines. That is how I obtained that scans :)

happymondays 21 February 2018 00:15

Definitely. There are sources that you find more or less accidentally. And it seems we are living in times when people start to archive and share some Amiga stuff hardly known before. :)

Gzegzolka 26 February 2018 14:55

2 Attachment(s)
Two more shoots from Tilt Magazine from June 1993 :)

I also use today google to ask for Kings Ransom images and I find promotional poster:
https://twitter.com/dosnostalgic/sta...75390113832960

malko 27 February 2018 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxart (Post 815513)
Hello everyone:
the public profile of the game programmer (Pierre Proulx) can be viewed here:
http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/pierre-proulx/28/342/235
I hope help anyone want to contact him.

Regarding this public profile, it seems that he is working at bitHeads Inc. actually.
Did someone try to contact him recently ?

malko 04 October 2018 15:13

up.
Just in case "Pierre Proulx" or one of his friend is wandering around here in EAB.

Valken 04 October 2018 15:56

Just wanted to comment how beautiful that game looks! It looks like AGA/VGA? Just amazing...

haynor666 31 October 2018 19:45

Looks great indeed but so much time and we still don't know too much about game not to mention it's release.

fxart 21 July 2019 10:49

HI,
no one like Ross, Galahad, Stingray, Diffsilver or others Legends of this forum, can contact Pierre and ask him if is possible to rescue and obtain what is remain of this unreleased games?
I think that different coders can attempt to finish it if they has something in their hands.
Sorry for my bad english.

malko 21 July 2019 11:29

I know that DrBong had tried to contact someone who may know Mr Proulx.
Think it was 6 to 8 month ago but no news since then.
You can try to ask him if there is any feedback on the topic. :)