English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.GameBase Amiga (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   DamienD's WinUAE Collection (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90314)

DamienD 25 January 2018 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by butfluffy (Post 1214744)
this is amazing. thanks Damien for all your hard work.
i've hit dead ends trying to sort though amiga games in the past. it's such a big job with so many bad dumps, bad cracks etc.

Thanks my friend ;)

Simmo76 25 January 2018 19:13

Wow.
Wow!!!
WOW!!!!!!

No, that's not my poor impersonation of a police car! That's the noise my missus has had to put up with for the last couple of hours whilst I play with this!

DamienD, this is frankly superb. I've hardly played any Amiga games for a while, (shame on me, I know,) but today it all came flooding back.
After getting the mouse and my wireless Xbox 360 controller all set-up, (an absolute doddle, even for me,) I started on some old favourites; Paradroid 90, Rainbow Islands, Simulcra, Top Gear 2, Roadkill, Mega-lo-mania.... I could go on, but suffice to say everything worked perfectly, first time...!

Thank you! This really is amazing. :bowdown

Can I just ask though - I looked for, but couldn't see another old favourite of mine, Krypton Egg. Is it there under another name? Or just not one that you like and hence not there?

stainy 25 January 2018 19:23

7zip

Well, I used 7zip with no issues... doesn`t have to be winrar. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch_UK (Post 1214746)
SOLVED!

I've read back through the threads and realised I needed the very latest v5.50 WinRar to unpack this! Anything less WILL result in an error :)

Hi DamienD,
I've tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full again :)

The links you sent me, I've managed to corrupt most (if not all) of tghe rar's by downloading too much at once.

If there any chance you could send me replacement links please?

Regards

Simmo76 25 January 2018 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by stainy (Post 1214772)
Well, I used 7zip with no issues... doesn`t have to be winrar. :)

And I used PeaZip (PortableApps.com version), also without a problem. :great

DamienD 25 January 2018 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simmo76 (Post 1214768)
Wow.
Wow!!!
WOW!!!!!!

No, that's not my poor impersonation of a police car! That's the noise my missus has had to put up with for the last couple of hours whilst I play with this!

DamienD, this is frankly superb. I've hardly played any Amiga games for a while, (shame on me, I know,) but today it all came flooding back.
After getting the mouse and my wireless Xbox 360 controller all set-up, (an absolute doddle, even for me,) I started on some old favourites; Paradroid 90, Rainbow Islands, Simulcra, Top Gear 2, Roadkill, Mega-lo-mania.... I could go on, but suffice to say everything worked perfectly, first time...!

Thank you! This really is amazing. :bowdown

Hahahahaha; cheers for the feedback :great

Quote:

Can I just ask though - I looked for, but couldn't see another old favourite of mine, Krypton Egg. Is it there under another name? Or just not one that you like and hence not there?

No, unfortunately it's not been added...

Just took a look on HOL, seems decent, will add in future ;)

Decypher 25 January 2018 22:21

Having just tested your collection, I have only one thing to say to you DamienD: Wow!

Everything is working flawlessly, configs, screenshots, everything. Screenshots you chose are just perfect. Can't really thank you enough.

If you ever decide to share this via torrent you can count on me to be a full time seeder :)

DamienD 25 January 2018 22:31

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1214776)
No, unfortunately it's not been added...

Just took a look on HOL, seems decent, will add in future ;)

Heya Simmo76,

...can't really have you missing one of your favourite game; that just won't do :p

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE" ;)

DamienD 25 January 2018 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decypher (Post 1214822)
Having just tested your collection, I have only one thing to say to you DamienD: Wow!

Everything is working flawlessly, configs, screenshots, everything. Screenshots you chose are just perfect. Can't really thank you enough.

If you ever decide to share this via torrent you can count on me to be a full time seeder :)

All good, enjoy!!! :great

Decypher 25 January 2018 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1214824)
Heya Simmo76,

...can't really have you missing one of your favourite game; that just won't do :p

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE" ;)

Oh, in case you're taking 'favorite' requests for future :D

http://hol.abime.net/2396 : The Manager. This was one of my favorite football management games ever, used to play this for hours with my brother. That would be a very nice addition to an already superb collection :)

DamienD 25 January 2018 22:52

...me hates any type of sports management game; sooooo boring. That's why absolutely none are in my collection.

It's very easy to add your own games in though and for taking title / screenshots use this criteria ;)

DamienD 25 January 2018 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decypher (Post 1214827)
Oh, in case you're taking 'favorite' requests for future :D

http://hol.abime.net/2396 : The Manager. This was one of my favorite football management games ever, used to play this for hours with my brother. That would be a very nice addition to an already superb collection :)

I've gotta stop being so damn helpful / nice...

Here you go Decypher ;)

Download the attached and extract into "C:\WinUAE".

Things to note:

a) Couldn't work out how to really play so you may want to adjust the screenshot.
b) It's not going in my *personal* collection :p

stainy 25 January 2018 23:21

Decypher: It`s easy to add/remove games yourself. I removed a load that I`m not interested in and added Lords of Time :)

TroyWilkins 25 January 2018 23:59

I had a bit more of a chance to play around with this and WOW!

Looks like this is the excuse I needed to finally upgrade this machine I'm typing on, so I can get better speeds for later titles such as Payback, which is a little sluggish on my AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition, overclocked to 3.6GHz, and yes, I played with the settings - can't expect too much more out of this CPU which is getting towards 10 years old now.

Great work!

DamienD 26 January 2018 00:04

Yeah games like "Payback [AmigaCD]" are pretty resource hungry :sad

Did you like that I added all patches, the trainer and finally, the related extra information screen before starting? :p

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/11/05/002.png

...luckily for me it run's pretty well on my old Windows 7 laptop; same cannot be said for poor ransom1122 on his Windows Vista computer :blased

Saying that; virtually everything else should be cool. "Payback [AmigaCD]" is the one extreme case.

TroyWilkins 26 January 2018 00:15

I hate to be a pain, but is there any chance you could put up the important key information here for dunces like me that didn't copy and paste and have the memory of a fish? Please and thank you.

DamienD 26 January 2018 00:31

...there are probably others I've forgotten ATM but these are the most important ones ;)

Code:

=====================================================================
KEY                                  FUNCTION
<F12>                                Bring up GUI
<CTRL> + <F12>                      Toggle Fullscreen / Windowed
<CTRL> + <F11>                      Quit WinUAE
<LEFT CTRL> + <WINDOWS> + <MENU>    Reset Amiga
<LEFT CTRL> + <INSERT> + <HOME>      *same as above*
<END> + <PAUSE>                      Toggle Warp Mode
<PAGE DOWN>                          Amiga <Help> Key

Changing Disks:
<END> + <F1>    Insert disk into DF0
<END> + <F2>    Insert disk into DF1
<END> + <F3>    Insert disk into DF2
<END> + <F4>    Insert disk into DF3

Ejecting Disks:
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F1>    Eject disk in DF0
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F2>    Eject disk in DF1
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F3>    Eject disk in DF2
<END> + <SHIFT> + <F4>    Eject disk in DF3

Disk Swapper:
<END> + <1-0>              Insert disk from swapper slot 1-10
<END> + <SHIFT> + <1-0>    Insert disk from swapper slot 11-20
<END> + <CTRL> + <1-4>      Select drive

TroyWilkins 26 January 2018 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1214859)
Yeah games like "Payback [AmigaCD]" are pretty resource hungry :sad

Did you like that I added all patches, the trainer and finally, the related extra information screen before starting? :p

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/11/05/002.png

...luckily for me it run's pretty well on my old Windows 7 laptop; same cannot be said for poor ransom1122 on his Windows Vista computer :blased

Saying that; virtually everything else should be cool. "Payback [AmigaCD]" is the one extreme case.

I did like that very much indeed, great work, thank you. I fully expected that one to be a tough one, as I know it required a pretty beefy Amiga when it came out, and still does.

I'm still trying out things, I had forgot just how visually impressive the Stardust tunnel sequence is, I used to have that on a cover-disk demo, but I think the one I had was for AGA machines, although I could be wrong there. Either way, that tunnel looks mighty impressive to me :)

DamienD 26 January 2018 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyWilkins (Post 1214868)
I'm still trying out things, I had forgot just how visually impressive the Stardust tunnel sequence is, I used to have that on a cover-disk demo, but I think the one I had was for AGA machines, although I could be wrong there. Either way, that tunnel looks mighty impressive to me :)

Yup, classics :agree

Custom .ADFs made by me for these are in the collection :cheese

Code:

... Stardust Tunnel Level  [demo]
... Super Stardust Tunnel Level [AGA]  [demo]

Plus also this:

Code:

... Project-X Bonus Level  [demo]

ransom1122 26 January 2018 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1214869)
Yup, classics :agree

Custom .ADFs made by me for these are in the collection :cheese

Code:

... Stardust Tunnel Level  [demo]
... Super Stardust Tunnel Level [AGA]  [demo]

Plus also this:

Code:

... Project-X Bonus Level  [demo]

Its reasons like this that makes this collection a step beyond anything anyone else has seen. There are quite few unreleased demos included as well that I had never seen on my old 500 before.

Well done Damien :great

Sincity 26 January 2018 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkuni (Post 1214601)
I threw a tenner at winuae.net ... Whose with me????

I'll play