|28 February 2010, 22:49||#1|
For Sale: Viper 1260 060@80MHz 64MB RAM (50ns Samsung one double sided SIMM)
I have Viper 1260 060@60MHz + 64MB of RAM 50ns Samsung.
MC68060RC50 mask 71E41J installed (the best one).
Card was upgraded by me with oscillator socket.
It looks similar to Apollo 1260 but there are 5 big advantages comparing to Apollo 1260:
1) No MACH sockets - no problem with bad contacts any more :-)
2) RAM is working with the same frequency as processor which gives a lot of power comparing to Apollo 1260 where RAM frequency was divided by 2 if processor frequency was more than 60MHz.
3) Card is accepting one 64MB SIMM; Apollo is accepting 2x32MB only.
4) There is no accumulator but battery socket so no problem with accu leakage and very simple battery change.
5) You can use double-sided SIMM in desktop and having your trapdoor closed.
Thanks to all these advantages this card is very similar to Blizzard 1260; even better, because you can use big double-sided SIMM in desktop :-)
As you can see this SIMM has their own serial number; it's not typical "mass product".
Viper 1260 was sold on USA market so this card is rare in Europe.
Nice catch for collectors ;-)
Info about Viper 1260:
My asking price is 420EUR + shipment.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale: Blizzard 1260 060@80MHz 64MB RAM or 060@106MHz and 0MB RAM; it's not a joke||stachu100||MarketPlace||5||16 May 2010 10:43|
|Possible trade, Apollo 1260 @ 80mhz for Blizz 1260||Molcos||Swapshop||3||13 November 2009 16:13|
|64MB 72 pin SIMM to Amiga 2000 SCSI/RAM expansion||protek||Swapshop||1||28 April 2009 00:39|
|Selling or Trading a Viper 1260 64MB||Molcos||MarketPlace||25||01 May 2008 01:38|
|Trade double sided128meg simm for single sided 64meg simm||CU_AMiGA||MarketPlace||0||13 November 2004 16:37|