View Full Version : Using a Atari ST mouse
14 July 2001, 14:07
Can any one help me in making a atari ST mouse work with an Amiga 1200? the connectors are the same but it doesn't seem to work. Of course I am assuming that the St mouse works as I have no St to try it on!! I've searched aminet for a suitible programbut nothing.
APpreciate any help.
I remember trying this 10 years ago (using a ST mouse under one Amiga in order to play lemmings ;))
but in my memories it never works...
I don't really think it is the same hardware signals.
10 October 2006, 00:50
an atari st mouse on an amiga or amigamouse on an st work perfectly , you
just open the mouse and swap 3 wires of the 8 pin connector.
if you open the mouse and connector is on the right hand side
swap wires (top to bottom) 5, 3 and 2.(colours of the wires differ from type to type) just experiment with these , you can't damage your amiga by doing this
10 October 2006, 07:17
3 and 2 are sufficient.
It is cleanest to do the swap inside the mouse, where you can usually rearrange the contacts in a connector or just desolder / resolder the wires to the circuit board.
It's also very easy to make a pocket sized adapter for this:
* get 9 pin male and female D9 connectors
* file down or cut the soldering spots for pins 2 and 3 on both connectors, check to see that they don't touch when you put the two together
* solder the wires that swap 2 and 3
* put the connectors together back-to-back and solder the rest of the solder spots together, making sure that 2 and 3 aren't connected directly
* tuck in the excess wire and wrap it in some electrical tape
* happy :-)
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.