View Full Version : WIP-titles
08 January 2002, 09:23
I was wondering what the work-in-progress titles were of games that finally appeared on Amiga.
Here are some preview-titles I have found in games magazines throughout the years:
- Silly Putty => Putty (System 3, 1992)
- Metamorphis => Morph (Millenium, 1993)
- Bill & Ted’s Tomato game => Bill’s Tomato Game (Psygnosis, 1993) Note: WIP-title might be incorrect.
- FA Premier League => European Soccer Challenge (UK) /Löthar Matteus Fussball (Germany) (Ocean, 1993)
- Dong => Donk! (Vision Software, 1993)
- A man with his Stick => Bubba ‘n’ Stix (Core Design, 1994)
- Football Kid => Soccer Kid (Krisalis, 1993)
Does anyone know any other work-in-progress titles of existing Amiga games?
08 January 2002, 09:55
Here's a few more:
- Lamborghini World Challenge => Lamborghini American Challenge (Titus, 1994)
- Beneath The Steel Skies => Beneath A Steel Sky (Revolution/Virgin, 1993)
- Beastball => Brutal Football (Millennium, 1993)
- Sim Theme Park => Theme Park (Bullfrog/Electronic Arts, 1994)
- Death Masque => Death Mask (Apache, 1995)
- All Terrain Racer => All Terrain Racing (Team 17, 1995)
- Timeslip => Timekeepers (Vulcan, 1995)
08 January 2002, 11:56
Yeah, I forgot about the original title of Brutal Sports Football.:)
I realise I know another WIP-title but I am not sure if this is the same game:
Hellpigs => Codename Hellsquad (Vulcan Software, 1996)
09 January 2002, 07:03
F1 Challenge => F17 Challenge (Team 17, 1993)
11 January 2002, 18:35
Turbo Terminator = Prime Mover 1994 Psygnosis
11 January 2002, 21:22
- Brutal Sports Soccer => Wild Cup Soccer (Millennium, 1994)
11 January 2002, 21:29
I think that belongs to the Same game, different name thread Marz. I think it was released in Germany under that name.
12 January 2002, 14:27
I included that one because I seem to remember Amiga Power having a "Things To Come" (remember those grey pages?) preview of the game which had that title (and it had a screenshot of the title screen which adopted "Brutal Sports Soccer" as the title).
@Janssen: I'm sure some people still refer to Putty as Silly Putty to this day. For a while I genuinely thought that was the final title.
12 January 2002, 15:21
What is the relationship between "Brutal Sports Soccer" and "Brutal Sports Football"? The latter was released on Amiga and CD32, and was renamed to "Crazy Sports Football" in Germany IIRC. If these are all the same game, then surely at least one name must be the WIP title :).
12 January 2002, 17:07
Brutal Sports Soccer was a proposed game that was either never completed or never released (or both). I believe it was released on at least one of the consoles, though.
Brutal Sports Football is based on American football.
13 January 2002, 20:44
I thought Brutal Soccer got released.. .hmmm... strange :P
15 January 2002, 03:07
From what I know, Brutal Sports Soccer became Wild Cup Soccer.
I remember seeing a preview of "Brutal Sports Football" with pics of Wild Cup Soccer , then I saw a WiP of Wild Cup Soccer ,saying it's the "Next game in the Brutal Sports series", and both games are from Mindscape.
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.