View Full Version : ClassicWB issues ADV pack...
21 December 2004, 11:37
Don't know whether it is me or a bug in the actual thing... anyway here goes:
Latest version of WinUAE (0.9.91) with Kickstart 3.1
Literally running ClassicWB as master HD and a folder on HD as DH1 (so I can set it all up ready for copying over to Amiga).
When it installs at the beginning it asks for a Workbench disk - put Workbench 3.1 in there and it does it's thing... then asks if I want to install the copper addon.. if I say yes it crashes and if I say no on restart it crashes?
Is it a known bug or have I done something stupid? :bash
21 December 2004, 12:28
Been testing - I have a copy of all the release packs here and they work fine in WinUAE 0.825 with 3.1 disk/ROMS and a directory added as DH1:
Try building a config from scratch as the one I provided is from the older 0.825 version.
21 December 2004, 12:32
I have done mate.
Built the config from nothing - I'm guessing that the problem probably lies in WinUAE as I had it working on 9.90
Strange but true!
21 December 2004, 12:34
I'll test with the lastest to confirm.........
21 December 2004, 12:54
.....and it works fine. I used this config, but in a Win9x environment (WinME). I also tried it with a directory as DH1, still fine.
Hope you manage to track down the problem. :confused
21 December 2004, 14:02
Also works fine in WinXP environment. Latest Winuae. :)
I have 5 folders set up as DH*: drives. Tools, games, etc..
21 December 2004, 15:21
Hmm very strange....
Will give it more testing and try and track down the problem...
25 December 2004, 16:19
OK this get's even weirder:
Tried ClassicWB with a Workbench 3.0 Disk - this get's further but when you try and install the copper support it just does nothing... so anyway unpakced a new hard-drive and then tried it without copper support - no problem... except on the restart it then crashes with the attached error...
Using WinUAE v0.92 I'm guessing it must be something strange I'm doing- will try the config file in this post then report back.
25 December 2004, 16:43
Strange works with the test configuration above but not with mine - the only real difference in mine is I don't have an FPU setup and I have less memory - nevermind all working now..
25 December 2004, 20:55
I still don't have any problems whatsoever. Must be a WinUAE config issue unique to your machine - definitely nothing wrong with the packs. ;)
Only the P96 version requires an FPU, but only for certain programs like Amiamp and Perfect Paint. Obviously the install procedure just uses a plain old script which doesn’t require anything special to run.
The normal versions work on anything I throw at them, Workbench/ROM 3.0 or 3.1.
The minimum config I tried was 2MB chip, 2MB fast, 68EC020, AGA, 3.0. This and anything above ran without a hitch. :confused
26 December 2004, 21:27
I'll put it down to weirdness mate..
Working now.. no logical reason for it not working before but there must be one strange bug in WinUAE and I found it... anyway all is well with the world... thanks for the help...
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.