View Full Version : PRoblems with ZIP, LZX, LHA and who knows what else :P
08 February 2004, 19:13
I got fed up. I keep getting CRC errors out of my compressed files whenever I extract them. I know the files are fine, on the PC they extract well, and after I transfer them I check them for errors and they work fine. Besides, it's erratic, not always happens, and sometimes the files giving CRC errors differ. Sometimes I have to extract whatever it e xtracts, mark down which files gave CRC errors and then extract those files only, and it uses to work fine.
I also noticed that it used to happen only when running my full workbench instead of a "no startup" boot. But now it happens in both modes. I thought it was one of my patches (mcp probably :P) but now I'm stumped.
Any clues? My setup:
A1200 (board rev unknown), Microbotics XA1230 030@50 accelerator (no FPU) with one 32MB SIMM, 1GB superslim drive connected to the normal A1200 interface through an adapter. KS3.0
08 February 2004, 19:51
Well, if it only happens sometimes the files probably were transferred correctly.
So there are only these options left:
- MaxTransfer of the HDD too high
- loose or bad cable
- loose or bad RAM
- loose or bad processor
- bad software
After checking the above try to uncompress the files with processor caches disabled. Try to copy the archives to RAM and uncompress from there.
If you only experience CRC errors and no crashes, it probably is that MaxTransfer thing.
08 February 2004, 19:56
That sounds about right, I'll check everything, though I think the connectors are OK since I checked them previously, I just hope the board is not bad. I think I copied the files to RAM and it worked but I cannot be sure. If they still don't work I have to blame any of teh otehr things, right?
what would be a normal MaxTransfer rate? I guess I change that from HDToolboox, right?
Thanks for yoru input! (and here's hoping none of my hardware went bad :P)
08 February 2004, 21:46
iirc it's 0x0001fffe but if your using idefix or 3.9 the maxtransfer bug was sorted out.
also check your lha exe/keyfile. I've had lha replaced and the keyfile deleted (probably because it wasn't recognized by the much earlier lha exe) by an installer before.
09 February 2004, 00:39
I have the standard Amiga interface as I posted above, no idefix.
And bout the ley... same happens with LHA, ZIP or LZX, so it's not the key I guess.. They are in their place anyway.
09 February 2004, 11:27
MaxTransfer should be set to 0x1fe00 and Mask to 0x7ffffffc. These also have been made the default values in the OS3.9 HDToolbox.
vBulletin® v3.7.0, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.